Stage West Kit Any Good? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2000, 01:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Stage West Kit Any Good?

Is there anyone out there that owns or has installed a Stage West SFA kit? I've been wondering exactly how well there kit was put together and how buff it might have been. If anyone has any experience or opinions I'd like to hear. Also, is this the only SFA kit anyone knows of available on the market?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2000, 11:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Stage West Kit Any Good?

I am talking with three companies right now that want to build an S-10 SFA swap kit.. One of them wants to use a Dana-60!! The stage west is one of the low end for durrability and a bit on the expencive side.. The way the front leaves attach is really weak.. They said they redesigned it but havent seen it yet.. Plus they won't sell any of their parts separatly yet they price them by piece.. I want the shock hoop.. Bastards!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I will post any info I get to the list as I will hopefully be doing this swap after the winter.. Goto http://s10-4x4.com and look up some custom jobs under SFA swaps in the pull down menu..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2000, 02:30 PM

Stage west claims to have solved the spring mounting problem with the addition of a bracket on the rear spring mounts

images from http://www.S10-4x4.com/SFA-StageWest/

I still think the brackets look weak & would fab up my own if I got the kit.

--Drew
83 S10 4x2
Go <font color=red>Ca</font color=red><font color=white>na</font color=white><font color=red>da</font color=red>!
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2000, 03:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey weazle,
what company want to make a SFA kit with a dana 60. That is one large axle. Im assuming that they would be cut to fit the s-10. thanks

MudderS10s
91 S-10 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs, 2 inch rear shackle lift
73 CJ-5 mods- way too many to list
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2000, 03:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They are still in the reasearch stages and are not evin building any thing yet much less a company name.. It is a metalsmith (whatever you want to call them) company thats thinking of going into auto aftermarket parts.. Mainly a SFA swap for the s-10.. Someone in the company must have one and likes to 4by.. When I heard D-60 im like [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] but he said that alone would be 8" of lift able to run 35's or 38's..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode