Solid Axle Conversion - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 07:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Solid Axle Conversion

I am doing a custom solid axle conversion with a Dana 30 from a YJ. How can I adapt the 4wd vacum acutator on the S10 Blazer (1989) to the vacum acutator on the YJ axle? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Solid Axle Conversion

The vacum is the weak link.. Try this: http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/ Any pics of the conversion.. What parts/kit are you using.. I will be doing a SFA swap this summer with D-44 front and rear on my 94.. Any thing you have run into would help..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 09:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Troy, what is th 44 out of that you are going to use in the front? I will be doing a sfa swa within the next few months probably. I am most likely going just use fullwidth axles from a 1/2ton chevy. I just got two 10bolts tonight for free and since I was planning on dropping in a 350 soon also I figured do it all at once that I can use the passenger side diff. I don't have everything worked out yet but by this weekend I will know more.

Nick
[email protected]
83' s10 extended cab 4x4 supercharged 2.8l v6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 10:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys..i will be documenting everything as it comes together (and as the money comes in). If anyone has a Gm 10 bolt with 410s that they want to sell, I would be interested. I am not going to run super big tires, otherwise i would dump the money into some beefier axles.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 11:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

No line on the front yet.. It think the FSJ Cherokee had a D-44 up front @ 60" for the normal model but I could be wrong.. I know they had a wide track version thats 65" for a full size.. Otherwise it might be a Scout II.. I already have the rear D-44 from a small size Comanche MJ.. Perfect size.. Waiting for disk conversion and an ARB now..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode