gettin a little warm - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 01:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

gettin a little warm

Did the 3in trail master body lift and the only complaint besides they didnt through in a little rubber hose for the brake booster is they say to cut the bottom radiator shroud in half, no my poor 4.3 gets a little warm at idle. I got to work this morning a let it sit in park for a while to see how long it would take to get above the norm and it was a matter of minutes and I'm freezin my ass of in Kansas!!
I chopped a peice of aluminum from our fab shop and am going to close off from the bottom two bolts on the lower shroud to the two bolts on top the sub frame under the pan, I let you know if it works any other solutions, cheaper than an electric fan? Need to save the money for the 4xadventure in Hotsprings,Ar on Oct 20

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 05:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: gettin a little warm

If you can find a way to lower the radiator.. That would be your cure.. Since the body (and radiator) went up, the fan is now mising 3" off the top of it in cooling.. Choping the shroud is a nono.. They do it just so It would clear but for cooling the shroud is really important.. I went throught he same thing for a few days with no lower till my electric came in the mail.. Works like a charm..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.TBRS.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 06:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey,
you know my truck must be a freak or something because i did the cutting with out even thinking. Well after about six months with the it cut i have never overheated or even come close even sitting in traffic for 3 hours when it was 105 degrees out, it did even reach above 210 on the gauge. So i have had no problems with this mod.

MudderS10s
91 s-10, 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 06:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

do you think that yours being a manual and mine being a 700r4 would make that diffrence?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 07:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

could be. I never thought about it like thatbut maybe because your engine might have a little more strain on it because it is always engage were as the manual can be release with the clutch.

MudderS10s
91 S-10 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs, 2 inch rear shackle lift
73 CJ-5 mods- way too many to list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode