4.10s FACTORY? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 01:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

4.10s FACTORY?

Hey all, just got back from the junkyard Sat. and wondered if any of you ever heard of an S10 Blazer 4x4 with 4.10 gears and posi from the factory? I found one that still had the rear, but the front of the frame was gone, including the IFS. Was it a 4cyl? Would a 4cyl 4x4 have the 7.5" ring gear in the 10 bolt?
Also I may be getting a 3" body lift from an X-cab 4x4 from a truck that was really hacked! no fan shroud, 2 rigged elec. fans, stock size tires, a 4.3 that wouldn't start, real rusty, the perfect trail vehicle. I don't know, I still don't like the 3" body lift, it shows too much frame IMHO. I'd like to be able to fit a 32" Super Swamper on a 10" wheel with a 2" body lift and fender trimming, and combine that with 4.10 gears for an awesome 80% stock S-10. Also does anyone know what transfer case the aluminum skid plates were for? I found several, but most were with the NP207. I'm just getting started on a custom front bumper project and skidplate. I'm using 3" pipe for the bumper and encorporating a 2" hitch reciever, and a winch mount, and 2 Hella 6" H4 lights. The rear bumper I have is a HD drop hitch style custom made. I'm going to add HD lash rings to it, 2 driving lights(backup), and a high clearance reciever hitch of my own design. Oh yeah, the front one will have a mount for my Hi-Lift. I'll try to get some pics of the rear bumper now, and some more of the others as I progress. This thing will look cool when I'm done, and functional.
A.S.
1989 S10 4x4 Trail Boss 4.3 2" lift
1989 S10 Blazer 4x4 4.3 2" 31"BFG A/T KOs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 10:07 AM

Re: 4.10s FACTORY?

yes, the 4 cyl. came with 4.10s. don't know on the ring gear size. sounds like a fun project. good luck.

Craig

'89 S-10 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'88 Kawasaki Mojave
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 12:38 PM

Re: 4.10s FACTORY?

I had a 85 sport that had the 4:11's from the factory[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img], and other 2.8 models did also. It's a good find in a junk yard if you can get one for the right price.
Blazernut

'91 S15 Jimmy 5.7L 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode