Shackles&springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 11:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shackles&springs

I bought the shackles from autozone to lift the back up, but my dad said in time this would flatten out the springs he also claims that s-series are notorious with droppin the axles out of the front in full droop while wheeling hard,I haven't seen any complaints on this though.
I'm goin to the Superlift 4xAdventure in Hot springs Oct 20 is any one going to be there?!! why does it say stranger when I post Am I a freak or something?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 12:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Shackles&springs

Yes. He's probably right, they'll flatten out after about 100K miles or so! I'd like to see an S-10 or SBlazer DROP an axle, seeing how the inboard is secured by 6 bolts to the stub axle and the outer is splined into the knuckle with a 36mm nut torqued to 180 ft.lbs! I wheel mine VERY hard and have NEVER had this happen. I now have the remanned Auto Zone CV shafts in mine with the limited lifetime warranty, so if they do go bad, back they go! IMHO the rear springs on these trucks wear out and start sagging around 80K miles or 8 years old, so your reclaiming lost inches anyway. It says STRANGER because you've made only a few posts on this BBS so far, the more you make the better the name you get. Good luck with the lift, and keep the S-10 dream alive!
A.S.
1989 S10 4x4 4.3 2" cheap ass lift 235's
1989 S10 Blazer 4x4 4.3 2" lift 31x10.50 BFG A/T KOs

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 01:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thank's for the answer's I feel like a dumb ass cause I never bothered to look at the front cv's on it, so I have no fear there, I did the 3in trail master this weekend it was pretty straight forward, did a heater core to that really sucked, on my body lift it said to cut the bottom of the fan shroud, that was a bad idea cause no it wants to run hot at lights and when idleing for a while. I'm going to post my attempt for a solution and see if anyone has had this problem

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 11:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>I have never had any probs with my shackels on the rear of my truck. It may make them flat but it also makes them not so stiff for off roading. Just look at this pic. I have never droped my shaft.
Diesel22</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Jeff Henderson
Asst Webmaster @ s10-4x4.com
The best s10 4x4 websight is http://www.s10-4x4.com
My home http://www.geocities.com/diesel22_us</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-233110-ramparkflx1.JPG (18.8 KB, 7 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 03:39 PM

I am pretty sure the springs would bottom out well before the shaft dropped out. If you are that worried about it there is a company called MIT that might still be in business. They made yoke conversion kits to go with a fixed yoke. Eliminated that problem and the potential for seal failure.

Everyone already pretty much said the same thing...

You're a stranger, which means we can't accept candy from you... You're lucky we're talking to you! (we're not supposed to talk to strangers either...) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode