What to do first? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 11:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What to do first?

I just purchased a 93'S-10 Blazer, 4.3L. I want to make some modifications to increase the performance. This will probably turn into a neverending project, thats o.k. Can anyone advise what should I do first?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 11:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What to do first?

If your lookin for performance and your going to be spinning wrenches on the truck you might want to consider an edelbrock header and y-pipe kit, T.E.S I just put one on my 89 and it is great plus it eliminates the one piece pain in the @$$ factory y-pipe

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 12:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Don't get the RUSTabrock!!! I have them, till they finaly rust off my truck.. I say go with the JBA.. Nickle coating and a LIFETIME warranty.. Edelbrock is only 1 year.. JBA will show the HP gains for their headers to prove they are better.. Plus they make like 10 or 12 different kinds just for our S-10's.. Not one and 'Make-it-fit'..
http://www.racenet.net/ has the best price..
http://www.jbaracing.com/ is the home site..

But headers are the best improvement I have done to my truck..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.TBRS.com[/show]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 02:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would start with some cheap stuff like k&n filter and spiralmax or the tornado version, those are air inserts. And a free flowing exaust.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 03:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How long did you run your Rust-ablocks? How much did you spend on your JBA's? I would love to have'em If I could afford ceramic coated headers

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 04:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This is the end of the third year on and have had them off once to repair a crack on the collector.. Were all the tubes come together.. Plus after a year they get that rust flaky $hit on em.. I live in SoCal near the beach but its not that bad here for rust.. I have had untreated cut fenders for that long and they are not rusting.. After reasearch and this list I have found the JBA's to be a better deal for $50 more than the Brocks for nickle plate, a life time warranty, and a proven dyno of the HP YOU can expect.. not an average or on a bench motor..
I still have the Edelbrocks on.. Waiting till they rust off to get the JBA's.. diver on this list has them and can tell ya what fun they are (to install)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img].. If you do go with the Edelbrocks get them Jetcoated or whatever it is.. Friend of mine got his rusty old headers on his CBR F2 done and they do look nice now..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.TBRS.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode