**pics**'98 ZR2 fixer? SB - 4sale - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2000, 12:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

**pics**\'98 ZR2 fixer? SB - 4sale

<font color=purple>original post:</font color=purple>
HOWDY DOODY, YA'ALL-
Well, I am the proud new owner of this truck!!!!! I am considering whether to fix up or sell as is and it will somewhat depend on whether the wife says it is a keeper and/or somebody wants it worse than me. This ZR2 is black with the dark charcoal interior and it looks like it has every available option!!!?! It actually has 63K+ miles on it and needs: 1 - RF outer CV joint replaced; 2 - LF hub brg. replaced; 3 - Rr u-jts replaced; 4 - Front rotors and pads replaced; 5 - Frt. end aligned and new tires; 6 - Rt. door glass and straighten door/replace; 7 - Rt. cab corner needs lite straightening down low(no damage to door opening!); 8 - Rt. bedside straightened at rear/upper and flare replaced; 9 - Exhaust Y-pipe replaced(sounds like its time to play with the flow); 10 - Frt. skid plate straightened and affixed; 11 - Middle skid plate found and affixed; 12 - Frt. bumper straightened and replace lower valence(needs nice and also expensive aluminum one to replace bumper and all). That may not be all - but it is a good shot at it.
Yes, someone got an education out of this truck!!!!?!
It is located in the Mother Lode of Northern California near Hangtown and I would not suggest driving it too much further at this time - but tell me what you have in mind and I'll consider it.

<font color=purple>current post:</font color=purple>
I have picked up the front hub assys.(expensive & hard to find) and installed pass. door of same color!! I am still looking for an aftermarket source for the front rotors and rf axle shaft. I am told that the outer jt. is the same for all s-10's -- anybody heard any different info???
If someone else is looking for an inexpensive start for a ZR2 buildup --- this just may be it. Email me and let me know what you have in mind. I may even be interested in a <font color=green>part trade</font color=green>!?! ~ps~

<font color=blue>YES, THOSE ARE 32'S (32X9.50 SWAMPERS!!!)</font color=blue> - doesn't that door look original?

<font color=red>OUCH!!!!!</font color=red> - got the front skid plate and the y-pipe BUT MISSED THE PANS!!!!

<font color=red>bigger OUCH!!!!!</font color=red> - the guy said he had poor spotters or were they juiced up

<font color=purple>hmmmmm.....not bad.........</font color=purple>

dabbity...dabbity....dooooooo...well that's all folks...for now
~ps~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode