MORE S10 BASHING FROM PETERSEN'S - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 03:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: MORE S10 BASHING FROM PETERSEN\'S

This is all sh!t the S-10 in my mind is one of the best off-road vehicles around. For instance you take a short bed regular cab S-10 with the Zr2 package (which is no longer avalable in this model) But it would perform better off-road than a cj jeep. They need to look at some of the S-10's that are out there. If i could figure out how to attach a picture i would show you guys what my truck does.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 05:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Mileage lets see some pics soon!!!!! I love looking at crazy 4x4 pics no matter what brand of truck.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #13 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2000, 01:36 AM

Mileage, you have to make sure the picture size is less than 100kb. Make sure the file is saved as a .jpg file, which will make the file smaller than it would be if it were a .bmp... You click the check box immediately above the "continue" button and then after you have the box checked, click continue, and that'll take you to the screen where you preview your post and attach a file. Click browse and go to where the file is on your computer and select it. Then click continue or similar button, and it should attach it. If you have problems getting the pic(s) shrunk down, you can email them to me, my email address is listed in my profile...

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 11:24 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Okay, here's an S-15 for ya on the original 2wd frame. 488" RAT, Victor heads, TH350, 3/4 ton 44 front, 14-bolt rear, F150 coils front & stock S-15 springs rear (over axle), Rockwell 221 divorced T-case, 38.5" Boggers, current GUMBO record holder in "Outlaw Stock".</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-232564-ms&g.jpg (17.8 KB, 0 views)
post #15 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 03:41 PM

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Nice! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 09:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok here is my truck 94 S-10 223893 miles right now. 4.3 H.O. with some minor engine stuff 4x8 oval K&N some other cool stuff. Enough where it will smoke them. 2 inches of lift 31x10.5x15 General Grabber AT's. Cowel induction hood, push bar, skid pans, two tone paint and some cool interior stuff, like cool Carpet,gauges,system stuff like that. Lots of little custom stuff. Like Overhead console out of a blazer with the compass and tempature hooked up, i played with it to fit a S-10 i have pics if you guys want to see them sometime. But i did all of this at my 515 and hour pay check. I'm still in high school haha. Theres lots of other stuff to. In the readers rides sectionof this site the webmaster is putting pics of my truck to. Just mostly little things

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-234924-newpic.jpg (55.5 KB, 0 views)
post #17 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 09:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

another pic

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-234936-ditch.jpg (67.9 KB, 0 views)
post #18 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 09:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok last one I got ones of when i got it to but the truck looked like hell so i'm not putting it on here

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-234939-rock.jpg (73.3 KB, 1 views)
post #19 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2000, 06:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just got back from the Rubicon. I went in about 5 miles to Spider Lake and back out in my 2001 ZR2 Blazer. It's got a 2" body lift, 33s, 1/4" steel skid plates on the bottom, transfer case raised 1" for better breakover, a QuickAir II air compressor, and a rear ARB.

It did pretty good. It's no Jeep or Land Cruiser, but it did pretty good. I need another 2 or 3 inches to clear the frame (suspension lift, anyone?). And, it needs nerf bars or rock sliders to protect the rocker panels (I put a small dent in the passenger side, but it was so minor, I didn't need a trip to the body shop).

I had no problems with traction at all. I climbed like a mountain goat the whole time. The only problem was clearance, and no-one makes a suspension lift for it.

I had a lot of hard-core (trashed Jeeps) guys tell me I was f'in crazy for going out there. I made it in and out, and the only damage was a couple scrapes on the plastics flares (repainted with spray--looks as good as new), a bruise in the rocker panel (fixed at home), and scratching up the stock rims--this I expected.

Is the S-10 hard core? Nope. Can it do a respectable job with a few mods? The ZR-2 can. The regular S-10 can too with a suspension lift.

Just my .02

2000 ZR2 Blazer; 2 Inch Body; 33s; Air Compressor; Rear ARB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode