Solved - Squeaky Rear Window Problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 02:46 PM
BigAl

Solved - Squeaky Rear Window Problem

I seriously thought I was going to [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] lose it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] if I had to go another day with the squeaks, especially since they have progressively gotten worse. I found that using a hot-glue gun to build up the window striker & pin and to repair any damage to the weatherstrip eliminated the noise completely! Some good things about using hot glue is its ease of application and removal, you can build it up quicker and easier than using electrical tape, etc., and so far it seems to withstand the abuse of being slammed into the latch. I hope your squeaks rest in peace also! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Al [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

'87 Jimmy 4X4 2.8L [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 04:11 PM

Re: Solved - Squeaky Rear Window Problem

My 87 does that too[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I just wrap electrical tape around the pin part on the window side. But it only last 5 or 6 closings before its all ripped up[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
But I think my weather seal is too smashed and not providing any pressure pushing back on the glass.
I'll try the hot-glue gun. it seems like it would break off quickly but what the hey , its worth a shot[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Does anyone else have any solution for these????

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 10:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thank you so much! I have been dealer with this problem in my 86 for as long as I can remember. After a while I just got used to the squeak, but every time some rode in it they would comment on the squeak. Now i can fix it. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 08:00 PM
BigAl

Success? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Let me know...I hope the silence lasts...the only downside is now you can hear other noises [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] , but hey, they are better than the squeaks! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Al [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

'87 Jimmy 4X4 2.8L [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 03:26 PM

I got tired of my squeak also, so I just stuffed a surgical glove into the opening in the tailgate, and the squeak hasn't come back. I know it sound cheezy, but it a pinch, its a quick fix. The same glove lasted for 6 months.( do they have 12V hot glue guns for on the trail fixes, just kidding)
David G.

'91 S15 Jimmy 5.7L 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode