A ZR2 Tracker???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 01:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A ZR2 Tracker????

Has anyone else seen this concept??? It was nuts, i went to a car show yesterday here in atlanta, and chevy was showing one. It had 3.25 inches of lift and 30x9.50 TSL's on it. I was actually sort of impressed. I'll post pics as soon as i get them developed.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 02:10 PM

Re: A ZR2 Tracker????

That does sound like quite the cool idea... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I don't care much for the new styling though... What I'd prefer for them to do is offer a long travel IFS on their base S trucks (optional solid front) and beefier driveline parts and 32" tires stock [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Well I can dream can't I? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] That little Geo sounds like quite a beast though, any idea what it has for a drivetrain? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 04:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I wish i knew, but i just dont remeber, the tracker website www.chevytracker.com has a 4 door ZR2 but it IS NOT like the one they had at the show at all.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 04:39 PM

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] New survey from me... The question is: If you were designing the Tracker ZR2 what would you use for a driveline [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The survey question above is open to everyone, this should get interesting... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Also perhaps a brief explanation of why you picked what pieces you'd use... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 01:35 AM

Two hampsters and a squirrel for Overdrive! LOL [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 09:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If memory serves me right, the concept Tracker has a 3.4L v-6 and a 4L60E trans
and I believe the front diff and CV shafts from 4wd S10. I saw this up in Detroit around Jan. or Feb. along with other GM concepts(Avalanche, Z71 Tahoe, etc) I think the engine was putting out around 200HP. Pretty peppy for a little Tracker! I think theres a company that makes a suspension lift for them also, about a 3" one that was used. It would be nice if they'd offer this ZR2 Tracker for around $16-$17,000 I might buy one then! It beats a Kia!
A.S.
1989 S10 4x4 355
1989 SBlazer 4x4 4.3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode