engine hard to start.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

engine hard to start....

alrighty....about a week ago, my engine started to not like to start when it was cold - this is it takes it awhile before it fires, then when it does start, it likes to stall - then once it keeps running, it doesn't like it when i put the tranny in drive and it stalls - it has to warm up a few minutes before it will let me drive it - then a few more minutes it runs fine... I have a check engine light that says my termostat is reading low, but the sensors work, i checked them.....
then when it gets hot it won't start - when i turn the key nothing - but luckily i my engine was replaced once and there is a splice in the starter wire right by the batery - so i just jump it and it starts... i took the ignition switch out and cleaned it up - it would then work fine for a few weeks, then it would start giving me problems again....
any ideas????

Craig

'89 S-10 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'88 Kawasaki Mojave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 11:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: engine hard to start....

When you put those mechanical gauges in did you leave the sensor in the intake?
Maybe the throttle posistion sensor? As far as your starter maybe the silinoid is getting hot ,y was doing the same thing so I replaced it and it was doing the same thing after a week, I finialy bought a delco stater and have not had a problem since, and my buddy camaro is doing the same thing keeps putting in junk no name brand starters and in a few weeks it is back to the same problems. Starting problems get real old real quick, Good luck with it.

Nick
[email protected]
83' s10 extended cab 4x4 supercharged 2.8l v6
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Re: engine hard to start....

well, the connector was loose on the tempeture sending unit... so it starts well now. just have to fix the starter problem now, put a new ignition switch on it....

Craig

'89 S-10 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'88 Kawasaki Mojave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode