suspension lifts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 03:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

suspension lifts

I called Ranco and they are telling me they never offered a kit for 95. I thought they had the 3" at one time but they are saying different. Weezel if you have a part number for yours that would realy help.

Know on the Trailmaser lift if you only go for 4" rather than cranking your torshon bars do you still have a problem with CV's and ball-joints etc? Also if I went with this kit will there be anything else I should do at the same time apart from Moog ball-joints and premium shocks? Is the rear 5" on this kit or is it also 4"? Any help would be great and any goods and bad from someone who actually runs this kit would be also be great.

1995 S10 Truck, 4X4, ext. cab, 4.3 Vortec, 31/10.5/15 BFG Radial TA's.
Ryan Sharpe Denver, CO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 01:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: suspension lifts

Hey Rsharp, I've got the Trailmastr 5'' suspension lift for almost 3 years now on my 97.
I haven't hadaany problems with it yet.At one time my axle shaft boots keept slipping
off but I put new keepers on and haven't had any problems.I believe the rear is 5'' and
front 4'' but crank up the torsion bars and get 5'' easy.Thats what I did. Rides a little
rough but I'm not going to get a smooth ride with Supr Swmper Boggers anyway.The
shocks that come with the kit are SSV ( speed smart valving ) which are pretty good.
Right now I need some new ones but don't know what to get next. Hope all the info
helps.

LIL ZILLA SAYS HAPPY TRAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 02:18 PM

As far as any of the "regular" lifts are concerned they provide a drop bracket for the front diff. It basically maintains the stock, if not a little more, driveline angles so there shouldn't be much problem with CV joints and excessive angles.

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 11:18 PM
Addict

Ryan, while youv'e got it out better get those 4.10's installed. That's going to save some cash instead of someone having to take out the diff and doing it later. You can get the IFS GM OEM gears at Chrisman's for (I posted that info,phone number & who to talk to before)$250 for the front and just go with Richmond for the rear for $150. 2 install kits for $90 ea. and about $400 labor and you'll be set except for the diff. If you have an open rearend now you just slide in a Powertrax LockRight for less than $300. If you do this when you have it apart it will save you a H*** of a lot of money on labor. The Trax deal just slids in in place of the stock spider gears you have. Go to TYRES1 and you can get the Tmaster for like $900 & change. $300 cheaper than other places offer it. You'll have $1300 in the gears,diff,install kits, & labor and $950 in the lift and that's not bad considering you will have GM gears in the IFS too. $2300 total for all that. Then $1700 for some fat wheels and 33's and you'll have righteous ride. A guy I know has 4.10's in his S-10 and runs 35's on it with a 2.8 too. It's a daily driver too and 10" rims with the Tmaster and 3" body lift and 35x12.50 BFG AT's. I have pics it you want to e-mail me and I'll send them to ya'. It's a truck, but you'll get the picture of how it would look. Tom

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 04:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How do I know if I have a open Rearend? Will the front be OK as is? Also will my skid plate need to come off for the Trailmaster susp lift? Finaly will the exaust need any mods for the lift? Thanks to all for the help.

1995 S10 Truck, 4X4, Ext. Cab, 4.3 Vortec V6, 31/10.5/15 BFG TA's, 3" Trailmaster Body Lift, Westin Side Bars.
Ryan Sharpe Denver, CO.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 11:11 AM
Addict

Go to the dealership and get a parts man to come out and look at the numbers & letters in the glovebox. He can tell you if it's a factory limited slip and the gear ratio you have now. Or pull the cover and look to see if it just has 4 spider gears and open. I'm sending you a Tmaster install instruction sheet e-mail that I downloaded from the S-10 4x4 site. You read all it and you'll know what you need and how to do it. I will send you the link to that site too. They have a lot more there as well, like Weasels install too. Just remeber this, before you jump in and rad out your Blazer make sure you can keep the tires you want under or can by flares for your year. If you can't and they hang out, they will rub, and attract every state trooper until you have so many points you can't drive it anymore, and the work & money will be in vain. Tom

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 12:36 PM
Addict

Check your e-mail, it's all there for you, Tom

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 01:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lazy guys way of finding out:

To find out if you have a limited slip, jack up both rear tires and rotate one of the tires (by hand!). If the other tire spins in the same direction, you have a limited slip. If it spins the other direction, you have peg leg (open diff).

Hit? Them tires rub. Rubbin's off roadin.
My web page
http://www.personal.psu.edu/bjh182
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 01:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you get the trailmaster suspension lift the front skid plate will still fit. But if you
do some serious off roadin it won't last you long.Mine didn't.

LIL ZILLA SAYS HAPPY TRAILS!!!!!!!!!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2000, 01:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info! Helps a lot.

1995 S10 Truck, 4X4, Ext. Cab, 4.3 Vortec V6, 31/10.5/15 BFG TA's, 3" Trailmaster Body Lift, Westin Side Bars.
Ryan Sharpe Denver, CO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode