TBI VS HOLLEY ?'S - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 12:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

TBI VS HOLLEY ?\'S

the holley replacement that everybody is talking about for their trucks and body know if there is a website?? and will it work on a 94'?

Dubster
'94 2WD 4.3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 01:18 PM
Addict

Re: TBI VS HOLLEY ?\'S

www.holley.com. Hey just for you I'm looking at edelbrock.com right now. I though I was right and 94 was the last year. Seems they have a complete power package for your app truck. That's cam, headers, cat back, new aluminum intake too. I have rebuilt literally over 100 motors. Here's what I would do instead of the Edeldbock way. The best thing to do is pull the motor, disassemble and carry all parts for the motor to include the tin parts to the shop you want to do it. Then order a COMPLETE TRW rebuild kit before they bore it. ALways bore a rebuild too. Then they have all the valve seals already when they do your heads, the new pistons to press on your rebuilt rods, and the new cams bearings that they put back in your block. All this comes from the kit and really lowers the cost on the refabbing of the block & heads. Now if it were me, I would have them install screw in studs and pushrod guide plates while I was at it. At this point it won't cost much because the heads will be apart anyway. The reason it next you want to get Comp Cams Pro Magnum series roller rocker arms. This will only be around $200 for the set and net you 25HP too. The TRW rebuild kit will only be about $600 total and will have a new cam in it too most likely. I was looking at the Edelbrock Torque curve graph and they make more power but you loose low end torque. The roller rockers if you stay with the stock cam and go with the 1.6 rollers rockers will net WAY MORE HP and low end torque than even a special grind cam!!! The TRW kit will include new lifters, timing chain and all. If you don't get a double row chain in the kit, you can probably upgrade that single chain to one for $10 from the shop you are using. SO here's the lowdown. You have a stock reuilt motor bored 30 over with all new everything forged TRW, even the oil pump, and 1.6 roller rockers with lifttime warranty on them too. High volume oil pump(TRW) new cam, lifters, srew in studs, and so on. Built stronger and better than new. All for around $1000!!! Next get a good set of shorty headers or the new long headers like a couple posts ago from Headman. You will have more compression, and bigger cubes to bring u the power. The rocker arms will rev it quicker, higher, and drop engine temp by 25* too. Then install a chip, 4.10 gears for sure, maybe some power pulleys for under $90. SO let's see. You need to rebuild anyway. S that $1000 has to be spent. Your only upgrades are the rockers, headers, and power pulleys, maybe a chip. All that for around $500. That's less than changing heads for a miniscule 10 HP and you probably will have 30HP more than it is now with no major changes to screw up the computer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode