Where to find parts prices online - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Where to find parts prices online

Can someone give me a couple good sites to check out prices on gm parts.

I'm looking for the price on part # 1476420 and it wasn't listed on gmpartsdirect.com

Any info would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 01:54 PM
Addict

Re: Where to find parts prices online

C'mon guy, you know to e-mail me for this!!! I'll post it again for everyone. It will only show to fit up to 91 because it was discontinued because they didn't make anymore 4x4 four bangers after that year, but it is the same gearset. Go to Chrismans.com or better yet call (714)774-7351 and ask for Kevin. Tell him you want the factory GM 4.10 set for the IFS OEM gears. They are $250 from them, they ship in 2 days. The last time I called was 3 weeks ago and they had 1 set left but can get more. Get Richmond for the rear. I would get it from them if they will give you a good price for it including the install kits with bearings and stuff. The install kits from Summit or Richmond are around $90 per set. Check Randys R&P too. The rear gears should run about $150 wherever you go. Your looking at $600 and around $450 -500 for the installation. Now print this so you have all the info. Call Racenet.net (1-888-469-7223)that's the internet addy, they are Internet Racers supply actually, and ask for Teresa. Tell here Tom with the ZR2 Blazer sent you. She can call around to places and get stuff from them they don't carry and resale it to you cheaper in most cases. I buy everything from them except for a few things from Summit. I developed a parts list just for her for 99 models after I did my Blazer. Kevin on this site bought all this stuff for his 98 ZR2 Pickup there as well. I got a Hypertech from them for $299. Personally, I would build the motor way before even doing this. Then you can enjoy the mileage, performance, and have the power for those big tires when you get ready in advance. It won't affect the warranty because I've had a lot of warranty work on mine already. I have emmision legal parts numbers that go with all my parts and that keeps the warranty in tact. The more power you have the better you can turn 33's and won't notice the 3.73's anyway. I'd rather spend $1200 and build the motor then $1000 on gears and still have no power toreally turn those tires. And get good mileage too. For example, you will only drop 200 RPM's from the tire increase anyway. Most grave mistakes made are no to get a programmer to correct all this. FOr example I went to Monroe, LA yesterday and test drove a BRAND new 2001 ZR2 pickup because I'm going to order one soon. This truck was a DOG. I've had the ZR2 Blazer built for around 3 months now and don't notice the added power as much until I really get my foot into it. But yesterday opened my eyes to the way my Blazer used to run. I could have DRAGGED that new truck all over the parking lot. So, now I'm on the hunt for power increases for that as well. I'm going to NaMotorsports and buying a complete Supercharger set up for it and leaving it alone after that. I can get a Powerdyne for $2000 for a complete kit. The install time is 4-5 hours and it needs no oiling lines or anything. Then I can compare that HP to the Blazer when I'm done with both. I'm still adding 1.6 Comp Cam Pro Magnum roller rockers, a Granatelli to the Blazer, Throttle positioning sensor, and duals from the headers back with dual Supertrapp mufflers. My Blazer Hauls right now and gets 19.2 MPG with the air on and running 75-80 MPH on road trips. I get 16-17 in town with the AC. If I dog it alot it will drop to 14MPG. But I can get in traffic lighting quick.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Hey Diver,

I'm not sure if you replied to the correct post or not. I was looking for the price on a seal that went bad on my truck. I already have the information you just posted. So if you know any sites where I can get prices on GM parts I would appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 05:20 PM
Addict

Oops, overlooked that part, Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode