Dana 44 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 08:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dana 44

Hey guys,
Right now im working on a 72 CJ-5 project with my buddy. He just got a 73 CJ-5 with a good drivetrain that has 28,000 miles on it. Now hes not using the rear axle which is a dana 44 with drum brakes and a locker. Will the axle be a direct swap in for my small 10 bolt or not.

MudderS10s
91 s-10, 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 11:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Dana 44

The bolt pattern 5on 5.5" will be wrong for your 5 on 4.75" wheels and the spring pads might need to be relocated. Was the Jeep a springover or springunder? Its possible to use it with some mods. Very beefy axle for a mini-truck. A.S.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 12:25 AM
Addict

I know a truck that had this very same spring front end an axle combo that was done in Florida at a shop. I didn't buy the mag, but have the issue month year, etc. and all the info to Bobby's 4WD in FL that did the work here including the phone number, etc. I'm not posting this becuase it's too confusing and too much to write about. If you are serious and want to do this, the guy has photos of the work and all. Call me at (337) 406-1712 & I will give all that to you and you can call him. He said 5 months ago he would send me the photos and never did. This swap was done on a 97 ZR2 Pickup though and still had use of the Autotrack and all was functional. The mag pick showed the truck sky high and with 38 TSL's on Baja 10" rims. The springs were shown a little in the photo. It looked REAL CLEAN TOO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 08:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Guys. Im also doing a solid front axle with the conversion. I need to know how much lift this will give me with a spring under. I have those stupid high limit laws here in mass that only let the truck go up to 22 inches from the ground up to the bottom of the door(the cops are however not to strong on this law but the sticker station is). I want to run 33s with set-up or maybe 35inch ground hawgs(sweet tire). Any help guys? Thanks

MudderS10s
91 s-10, 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 01:05 AM
Addict

The smart thing would be to go to the guy from the S-10 4x4 site that did a spring over and read the article as well. He posted here a couple weeks ago with that gray long bed truck. I think his handle is deisel22. Get him to measure his rocker panels and then check with the guys that sell that spring under kit from Colorado. You have the option of under and over with them for the height you need, Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode