Need Help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2000, 02:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need Help

I own a 95 S-10 4WD ex-cab. Well I have been looking for a lift kit for some time now but I can't find one that I really like, I was wanting at least 4" of lift. I have 32x11.50R15 on the stock rims right now ( no, I don't have a ZR2) Can some one please help me find a good lift kit, and if possably one on the cheap side, if not I guess I will do what it takes. Also, I am looking for an exhaust system for my truck, I know that I want to dual it out, (I have on every others of mine but I want something different than an glasspack, something that will make my 6 sound like an 8) If any suggestions please lit me know. And one other thing, If N-E-1 has a 95 S-10 rear bumper ( black and in o.k. cond) And wants to sell it please let me know, I will pay for S&H. Thank you for all of your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2000, 05:05 AM

Re: Need Help

Suspension lifts are not cheap, just as a general rule! You're looking at up to $1500 installed for a lift kit. If the rims are 15" then they should look OK no matter how much lift you get (OK, within reason).

As far as brand? I would look into Rancho. They seem to be the most complete for the "regular" S-10.

The exhaust? My recommendations are JBA Racing Headers, Flowmaster two chamber exhaust and a cheap monolithic catalytic converter. Now if you live in a smog state just get the single exhaust. In CA you are not allowed to go from single to dual exhaust (or the other way around for that matter).

Hope that helped!

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2000, 04:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just out of curiousity what have you done to be able to fit 32x11.50's?

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2000, 06:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well here is what happen, when I brought my truck it came with 30X9.50R15 cooper mud tires. Well it made my truck run real rough so I asked for 31X10.50R15 to be put on (I just wanted to see if they fit). Well when I went to pick up my truck they had put 32X11.50R15 AT on my truck, so I took it around the block and had no problem with them. By the time I had made it home 30 miles away I noticed they had slightly rubbed. So I crawled under to see and noticed that it was catching the very tip of the inside of my finders so I got pliers out and bent the very tip of the metal, you will nevr notice and it doesn't effect anything, and I haven't had a probblem yet.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2000, 06:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try Superlift.com (Phone them)
and Rocknroad make a 2 1/2" lift.

http://www.rocknroadn.com/ have 2 1/2" for about $800.00

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2000, 07:09 PM
Addict

rocknroadn is for ZR2's only. Tom 99 ZR2 Blazer

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 02:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hello son
this is a 5" trailmaster..$1150 at four wheel parts and i installed it myself, it really isnt hard to install.

Attached Images
File Type: bmp 17-205587-Blazer.bmp (69.7 KB, 7 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 01:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

About the exaust i put a gibson muffler on that i got from a local speed shop for a 110 then i went to cole muffler where i had them make duels for it, that cost about 180. Also i had them cut the pipes back at the ends. Then i had them makes different types of tail pipes. Ones that went straight out like most to and then ones that angle down like 60's vintage muscle cars. I personally like the angle downs. The straights are for off-roading so when the back its it doesn't bend pipes.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 11:37 PM

Me??? I still have 30x9.5! Heh...

WeaZle has them, though, I am pretty sure. He had to cut the fender well out of the front a bit, he has a lift kit... check with him!

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.xoom.com/desertride/index.htm
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2000, 12:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nah, BAD SON said he had 32x11.50s i was seeing what he had done, and he said that they are on the stock vehicle, I bet those t-bars are maxed out.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode