TPS SPLICE - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 06:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

TPS SPLICE

I am doing a 4.3l tbi swap on an 87 2.8l. I bored out the intake manifold to match the larger bores of the 4.3 tbi. the tps sensor is not the same. i have the right connector on the way and need to know which colored wires go where in the new harness. the old harness is a flat 3 pin connector and the new one is a round unit with 3 pins inside. the wire colors on the old tps are black, green and grey. the new connector's wires are all white. i have a chiltons manual but that wiring diagram cannot be found. i hear there is one in the haynes manual. i'm sure some of you have overcome this. thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2000, 04:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TPS SPLICE

A dude,do this. On the new connector look at it from this perspective-locking tab towards you -two wires low -one high. Now the Oem colors from this perspective are bottom right is GREY. Bottom left is BLACK. Top is BLUE. This is on the connector(New style/Round/2nd gen) Wow I didnt know a 4.3 swap was possible...,Cool man. Whats on that 2.8 anyhows?
Great luck-Will aka Nitrous http://614streets.rebondir.com/

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2000, 02:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TPS SPLICE

Well my 2.8 has a K&N air filter and breathers, Magnum rocker roller arms (1.6), new long block, headers, 2.5" exhaust, flowmaster 2 chamber, msd ignition, bored and polished intake manifold, 4.3l throttle body, underdrive pullies, flexalite electric fan, new plugs, wires, rotor, cap, water pump -can't think of anything else on the motor besides paint. The truck (s15 long bed reg cab 4x4 high sierra) has a 2.5" superlift suspension lift, 2" body lift, urethane body bushings, new cv's and tie rods, new u joints all around, 30x9.5 yokohama mt's, rancho rs9000's and rs5000 steering dampener. I can't wait to return my truck to service. I have some summer wheeling to catch up on bfore the snow falls.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode