LIFTING 2000 BLAZER - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 10:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

LIFTING 2000 BLAZER

I HAVE A 2000 2DR BLAZER WITH THE OFFROAD SUSPENSION (NOT ZR2 UNFORTUNALLY) PACKAGE.
I WAS THINKING ABOUT A INSTALLING A 2-3" BODY LIFT AND/OR TORSION BAR AND REAR SHACKLE TO ALLOW FOR BIGGER TIRES (31X10.50 OR 12.50) I CURRENTLY HAVE P235-75R15'S WHICH ARE NICE BUT DONT GIVE IT THAT 4X4 LOOK .SUSPENSION LIFTS ARE EXPENSIVE AND NOT TO MANY MANUFACTURES MAKE THEM FOR MY TRUCK, ANY IDEAS , RECOMMENDATIONS OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT
THANKS CRAIG

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 12:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: LIFTING 2000 BLAZER

Like i told the other guy i jacked my 94 S-10 torsion bars all the way and got about 2 inches out of them. They are the heavies torsion you could order from the factory to. Anyways i've got 30x9.5x15's on it now and i know that the 31's will fit, I took the wheels off a ZR2 and bolted them up and they cleared.Now i do have wheel spacers on it to, 1's in the front which i want to sell so i can get bigger ones just for looks, and 1.5's in the rear. I want to put the 1.5's in the front and 2 in the back just to make it look better more like a ZR2. My dad works at a local chevy dealer and he says jacking them wouldn't hurt and thing and it didn't the only thing i noticed was it road a little harder but that makes it feel more like a truck if ya know what i mean. But anyways if ya know anybody who wants 1 inch spacers for S-10 pickups or blazers let me know they will fix that offset that gm trucks have in the back you know the fronts don't track the same as the backs those will fix it. One more thing i have shackles in the back that i bought from a local parts store for 18 bucks that makes it all level and it even looks like a real ZR2 now. So it was really a cheap lift really cheap 18 bucks cheap. So good luck in your jacking

94 S-10

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 12:18 AM
Addict

I have a 99 ZR2 Blazer and installed a performance accessories 2" body lift #152. I can send you pics of the bumper cutting in the rear and have posted them here if you look. You don't have to cut the bumper, but a very small 1x1.25 piece of frame under the bumper. You can do it with a sawsall or hacksaw! If you want the easiest way to do it get a Flexalite 60 fan and it will grealy simplify things for you too with a little more power too. It would be $169 for the lift & $199 for the fan. Then if you want more get a Rancho 3" lift like Weasel has. With all that you would be 32's easy and cheap too. Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 01:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Put a 2inch body and 31x10.50's on my 2000. Looks awesome in my opinion, I'll post pics soon hopefully.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 11:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the ideas i think they will help alot - craig

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode