Follow up to the Turds comment - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Follow up to the Turds comment

Here is the statement in Quote--"Speaking of Turds. Are these even 4x4's? We started naming horrible components and found we had just about built a complete S-10. Well that's BS all the way. It was an article of worst, horrible components or like factory blunders. Here they are exactly what they listed. Any Tranny that uses ATF--(isn't that every F***** manufacturer out there from day one?)--Vacuum switches for controls like AC & stuff(Don't the others guys use these a lot too? I've had the cable ones and they screw up too)--Ford FE engines?(When's the last time you saw one of these in an S-10?)--GM 2.8(Well alot of motors have been bad about throwing rods & stuff. I remember when Ford came out with their 1st V6 and I didn't know very many that didn't spin a rod or main and bone stock too)--GM IFS(Well that's not just the S-10 but the fullsize as well. And who do you know has a good IFS that wasn't hand made for racing?)--Any Borg Warner trans(Well they are in a lot of vehicles too)---Ford power steering(did I miss something here? I've never seen one that didn't leak or plain go out and I don't think any Chevy I EVER owned had one!)---And to top it off S-trucks, calling them turds.(I don't believe they have half those worst components listed there) When's the last time they really looked at REAL 4WD's lately? Hell, the S-Series trucks are some of the remaining true 4WD's left on the market with 4Hi, 4Lo, 2Hi, and Autotrac. It is still a truck instead of a family built F***** Mall cruiser that couldn't do anything but lock in 4HI for snowy weather and never pull a Damn thing in it's miserable life. Drop a 350 and SFA in one and it will pull half the other guys trucks in two or die trying. Just because the IFS sucks and the old 2.8 doesn't make the entire truck a TURD. Take a ride in mine and it will pin your ears back and I'm long but being through with it. Tom 99ZR2 Blazer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 09:51 AM
TEX

Re: Follow up to the Turds comment

<font color=purple>Ford FE engines? Geez, I'm no blue oval fan, but has anyone ever seen a 360 or 390 Ford that DIDN'T last well in excess of 150,000 miles? Explain again to me how that's a turd, please! </font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Addict

See what I mean? Lates as stupid as them calling an S-Truck a turd. All manufactures have problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 02:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

These guy's should go and look at all the other vehicles out there with GM part's on them. I know a big Mustang fan who's car has GM power steering, A big dodge fan who's truck has a quadrajet on it and don't get me started on the old international's and AMC's. You want junk? Go buy junk. If you don't and your stupid enough to buy it anyway, shut the hell up cause nobody want's to hear you or your whining anyway.
Ben

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 05:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

like a rock baby... like a rock

Dan
'95 ZR2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode