Off Roading Forums banner

Buying used 4L60E - what do I need to know?

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Shorts 
#1 · (Edited)
I need to find a good running 4L60E to put into my sister's '95 Jimmy w/4.3L. What do I need to know when looking at these things? We're looking to spend a couple hundred bucks so I'm going to have to be smart about what I look at. Thanks.

Also, the Jimmy is a 2wd. Will the tranny fro a fullsize 2wd bolt in or are housings different lengths?

Can anyone with a 2wd take some measurements for me to reference?

#2 ·
its like any other tranny check the fluid for paticulates, the electroinics is a crap-shoot but for the most part they last and make sure that everything moves smooth and at least one rvolution. i think that it is a little longer then a turbo350, just guessing my son has trannys stacked in his shop. and the one that you're wanting needs rebuild completly. the last is go for a new torque converter he has mad alot of money just replacing them, he only warrentys his work if a new one is put in with the tranny. hope that helps
mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.