NOise from right front when going over bumps - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

NOise from right front when going over bumps

this is a seperate problem. Think I have a bad shock. I had mechaninc tighten the bushing that holds the shock up top. That noise has diminished. like the shock was vibrating left to right. now I hear a noise when going over bumps on my right side. I replaced the door hinge pins bushing (help/Doorman 38419), and tightened the hood bolts (loose).

I bought the shock 1.5 yrs ago Monroe Sensatrac. They do have a lifetime gurantee. As well my whole front end was rebuilt 137K 4.3w T-10.
New bushings, ball joints shot. Stabilizer bushing was replaced.

Anyone have ideas on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Journeyman

Thumbs up "Shock" Therapy

I used the same shocks on my rig some time ago, encountered a similar problem; I think it may just be a bad shock. Check to make sure it is not leaking, or if it has a damaged body. I encountered the problem when going over bumps; because of the low price I paid (about 25 dollars) I believe that it's just not a good quality shock!!!. I have since replaced the shocks to Edelbrock IAS shock absorbers and haven't had any problems, plus the ride is really good!!. Another thing to check for is bushing wear, that also causes some noise when they are worn out, upgrade to Energy Suspension bushings the difference is comparable to night and day!!. Let me know if you need any more info or help!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Shocks

I brought it back to my mechanic it was my left bushing he said they should be much tighter. Tightened that one and the noise went away. i saw those edelbrock shocks in LMC truck catalog. Couldn't find good bushing yet. I spent 50 for the dual action shock. I had to call monroe to find out if they were good. they said if the expand within 30 sec after compressed they were good. They didn't say they had to expand at the same time though. thanks for that info. Although left side seems lower than right a little. looking at the car.

thanks for the info. I had rancho shocks before, the truck was used for carpentry. has an extra leaf spring in the rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Journeyman

Glad to help out a bit!. Good thing you found the problem. Please bear with me here, was the truck a 2 wheel drive or 4x4?, if 2WD maybe the coil springs are shot on one side causing the lean, it's a possibility that it may be the body mount bushings, if the lean is not too significant; but based on your reply the springs have probably settled over time. Sorry for such a late reply, I haven't been on here in a while cuz i've been on other forums...but i'll check every now & then. Late.

I need a bigger engine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode