T-10 01 blazer missing right after Tune up. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy T-10 01 blazer missing right after Tune up.

Just had a tune up. Bought AC Delco cap and rotor and wires, plugs. Worked fine for three days then. Business as usual. Seems like a small miss. The rotor that came out was burnt. One spark plug was twisted a little. Other than that just carbon fouled. Brought it back to shop they changed the fuel filter said it was heavy. Put Inj cleaner in, and gave it another dose of techron with this fill and 89 octane. Spider is new style about 1.5 yrs old. Got the whole thing for 300 after a shop busted my harness. #5 was clogged then.

Just want a smooth idle and all cylinders firing correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Journeyman

Thumbs up "Missing" Blazer

Have the shop check the vehicle with an oscilloscope; that will pinpoint where and what to look for (considering the shop is capable of that). The spark plug was twisted?.....never heard or seen that!!. I've seen plugs that have been crossthreaded and stripped but never bent or twisted. Check the plug wires, cap or rotor for defects; it's a long shot but once in a while that causes a problem. Other than that try checking the wires to make sure they are getting spark...attach a spark plug tester to each individual spark plug and attach it to a ground and make sure it receives spark (blue spark). Oh and don't forget that the plugs need to be gapped, regardless if they come pregapped from the manufacturer it's always best to double check; many times I've encountered variances from plugs that were "pregapped" from the manufacturer!!. Let me know if I can be of more help.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Cool Missing

The spark plug electrode was twisted. not the plug itself. I will check the cap and rotor and the new wireset. Was pretty choppy after the rain the other day. Got better as the humudity cleared out. Going to check the plugs with a clamp on amprobe. I like the osciliscope thing, I been in electronics since high school. Got to see but I will let you know. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Journeyman

Thumbs up Missing blazer

Well don't forget to add dielectric grease to the rotor, cap and plug wires and put antiseize on the spark plug threads. The dielectric grease keeps condensation (moisture) from happening inside the cap, rotor and wires. Yeah, check it out and let me know what happens. Late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode