Help on Tire sizes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Help on Tire sizes

Hey everyone,

I'm planning on getting a LT kit that totals in 6.5" of lift for my 03' Chevy S10 2.2 ext cab. I'm getting my gears up from 4.10 to 4.56 to help pull the tires since it is a 2.2. I want to get 33" tires, and 17x8 Cragen Soft 8's. The tires i want are BFG AT's with the black sidewalls. I just don't know what exact tire size and matching wheels will need to be cuz i dont want rub. Can someone help me on this? Pardon my offroad-dumbness. I'm a beginner and still learning.

Also how much clipping will need to be done and where?

Thanks guys help and advice is appreciated.

Last edited by blueyes13; 05-17-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Journeyman

What's up?, I was planning to do something similar on a 1986 Chevy S10 blazer 2 wheel drive. Nonetheless here are my 2 cents.....if you can live with 4.10 gears keep them, going to lower gears will kill your mileage and won't help much since you've got the 2.2 I-4; what transmission do you have...manual or automatic?, if manual you could go with the deeper gears, the automatic will tend to hunt for the right gear. I suggest you contact the manufacturer of the long travel kit and get the information straight from them, they put a lot of time & effort into manufacturing the kit and they will be the only one who can give you a no B.S. answer. As for the body mods, the maximum tire size with any S10 long travel kit that I have seen is 31" tires on 15" wheels with about 3 and 3/4" max backspacing. You could add larger wheels however, I would suggest also adding larger front disc brakes at the same time; remember, you are adding more weight which equals more stopping distance is required!!!. Finally, I would recommend you add fiberglass front fenders and rear bedsides. If I can be of more help ask, or look me up on my.off-road (or join & be my friend). Late.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 10:39 PM

I would keep the same gears that is already in it because you will just kill your gas milage. It wouldn't be worth it in my book to do that if you are using it as a daily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode