Emissions Light w/noise - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 AM
blazindave

Unhappy Emissions Light w/noise

I have a 2001 Blazer 4.3 T-10=4wd, my service engine light has been on steady. I have checked the code and it is realted to emmisions. I was told to get a fuel tank pressure sensor. I did, have not put it in yet, I was also told to get a gas tank vent valve, which I can't unless I buy the tank. I looked in the haynes manual, and saw the diagram for the evap system which is a closed system. I see everything starts from the AIR pump under the driver. If this does not give pressure then the sensor in the tank will still give a code. I hear some noise when I start up and put it in drive or come to a stop sign. I shut off the a/c and am pretty sure is it not the tranny. It is a bubbling sound/noise and it goes away as I accelerate plus I can't hear at that point. i am leaning to the pump but don't know how to check it. If you know please post.

Also, the engine was supposidly replaced, the company that did it does really not know what they are doing. I had no choice in the matter. I have a problem with my headlights not working, just replaced the multifunction switch figuring it was bad because the ground for the headlights goes through there. Also there was a recall on the same but the remedy was the hazard switch carrirer which sits on top of the multifunction. Brake lights and hazard would be affected. The headlights have battery but is not getting a ground, and work if ground is applied. The same company also forgot to remove the wire harness from the fuel spyder and cracked it. After driving and the engine running real rough sometimes I brought it in only to find the connector ready to pop off. I ended up getting a new spyder (from other delco) and harness from GM. My #5 injector had clogged, I did notice the miss. they forgot a lot more.

Really wondering about the ground and where it connects to meet up with the multifinction switch as that has a connector that plugs in, so the wire should go somewhere. When I was at the shop mentioned above my lights failed, so I had them look at it they were looking and it just turned on. So I asked them what they did, they laughed at me and said, "it works" Shortly after that the lights shut off. The brights and the daytime owrk because they get a ground through different relay contacts.

If you have some info let mw know, i tried checking the threads but didn't find anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode