1984 S10, need some help... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 12:51 AM
DavidBoren

1984 S10, need some help...

My dad gave me an old S10 4x4, and I plan on dumping some money into it once I get back from Iraq (and out of the Army ). Anyways, he says it has the 4.3L although I thought that up until '85 they used the 2.8L. Anyways, if it does not have a 4.3L, then I will go to a wreckage yard and get one. I have heard that the 4.3L is simply a Chevy 350 without two cylinders. If this is true, then overboring it .030 and adding forged and balanced 383 Stroker connecting rods and pistons is possible. My main concern is with the suspension... I have also heard that late 70s model F150s axles (front and rear) mate with the S10 drivetrain pretty easily. If this is true, then I will steal my brothers axles (as he has a '76 F150). Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 12:00 PM
DavidBoren

Well, I did some browsing around on S10extremist.org and found that the 87-95 Jeep axles are damn near direct bolt-in replacements. So, for simplicity's sake, I think I will go with the D30/D35 combo with 30 spine CM shafts, 4.56s, and ARBs all around (there is a package deal called the Awesome 30/35 kit from 4wheelpart.com). I am going to go with leaf springs in the front to make it easier because I feel that a 4-link is a little too complex for me right now. This is pretty much my first build and I am going to go simple as it is also going to be my daily driver. I figure the beefed up D30/D35 combo will run 33" Baja Claws just fine. Still, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode