97 Blazer Vacuum Problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Ricoshea

97 Blazer Vacuum Problem

I was having a problem with my 4x4. Light staying on in 2wd and trying to engage after slowing from hwy speed. The diff cable was siezed. I pulled the sensor and cleaned it and got cable to move. Then changed the diff oil. It was milky brown. After all this with the key on the 4x4 light was out. However with the truck started the light comes on and actuator diaphram moves in slightly. When I pinch the vacuum line the light goes off and diapram goes back. What could be causing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 12:22 PM

Re: 97 Blazer Vacuum Problem

I'm not sure I am understanding the problem, Your front axle is trying to engage when the truck is (or should be) in 2wd?

If you look on top of the transfer case above the front output shaft you will see a vacuum switch with three vacuum lines connected. If you are getting vacuum when you shouldn't then this switch is bad or something interal to the tranfer case is broke or out of adjustment.

One of the vacuum lines should be continous vacuum and connects near the brake booster. One is a vent that (on my 2001) is tied to the transmission dipstick tube and releases the vacuum to the actuator when going back to 2wd, and one vacuum line goes to the actuator below the battery tray. There is an indicator pin on the switch so that the vacuum lines can only be inserted fully one way.

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode