S10 SFA Swap - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 07:09 AM
bigdaddy117

S10 SFA Swap

i got a 94 s10 pickup im planning to put a SFA in. wondering what kind of pitman arm, idler arm and other steering components should be used. people have told me that the steering column and box aren't gonna be long enough for the SFA, but i dont know. what kind of axles would fit under the truck? i don't want a full-width axle, and have been told that axles from a wrangler or cheerokee will fit, but i want to be sure before i do anything. has anyone made their own front leaf spring brackets? having trouble finding them too. so any advice would be great. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Old Hand

Re: S10 SFA Swap

google search it. there are a few good web sites out there. i've looked into doing the same swap myself on an S10 that already has a tune port injected 350 under the hood.

a Cherokee axle is your best option, looking to keep a stock width. the Cherokee steering is adaptable, and can work with the stock steering box. but nothing is bolt together.

spring brackets and many other parts have to be home made. at one time there was a kit to do the swap, but best i can tell it is no longer made.

keep in mind that even a stock 4.3 with large tires is a bit much for the stock jeep parts.

but, google searching will get you on your way.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 12:49 AM

The jeep axle will suffice up to a 33" tire wheeled hard. The Dana 30 just isn't very stout. If your looking for a good axle to do the swap then a 1st gen bronco dana 44 is what your after... they can handle around a 36" tire with hard wheeling.

Stagewest used to make the kit, but they are no longer around. Mousemotor is correct, any type of crossmember must be custom made now. However there is a company out of Michigan i believe that is starting to produce a kit for a ZR2, which might work for the regular S10's. Check your off road magazines(can't remember which one) around Christmas time [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The Dana 30 is a good option just don't go over 33's if you plan on wheeling it pretty hard.

But thats just my $0.02...

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 08:07 AM

Check out S10 Extremists website. Specifically the tech section and the Solid Axle swap forum. All your questions have been asked and answered numerous times over there.
http://www.s10extremist.org/

They even heve diagrams of the old stage West cross brace.

I have heard that a Toyota cross brace will work.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Addict

Build your own Mark Hall S-10 !
I have a Dana 44 rebuilt with 4.56's and disc and a 9" with spool and 4.56's and NEW WILD Horses springs, trailing arms, spring pockets, ect. and a bunch of other stuff as a package for $1500. Can deliver in the KY, TN, AL, IN, IL area. It was all for a S-10 swap I quit on. I have the Scout II steering box and ALL! Never used or had grease in it since gone through either! Tom 270-556-5340 24/7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode