Q's on an 1994 Jimmy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Q\'s on an 1994 Jimmy

We are going to buy an 1994 S-15 Jimmy 4x4 with a 4.3L CPI. automatic transmission. Everything works on this wagon but the engine is running way to rich according to the smog tests. So the guy is selling it because he doesnt want to mess with trying to fix the problem. The truck has 200,000 miles on it. I plan on rebuilding the engine or swapping it out later but would like to drive it thru out the winter for local trips (within a 20 miles radius from my house). The transmission shifts great. The truck starts everytime and drives without dieing... its a little weak at times but runs. And its running to rich.

My main question is for those that own a 4.3L CPI. What is the average miles one could expect from a 4.3L CPI? Now I can say that Land Cruisers are my main 4x4's. They can easily go over 350,000 miles. Most of them I buy have well over 200,000 miles on them and I can expect at least another 150,000. True its an L-6 engine and most L-6 engines have very good longivity. Im very experienced with proper maintenance on my rigs. So my question on what can I expect the average life span on a 4.3L CPI engine deals with the overall average of this engine. I just want to squeeze a few more miles out of it before it completely dies... then again maybe this engine is known to go well over 200K before it needs a complete overhaul... I have very little experience with this engine.

When I get to the point that I am ready to replace the engine. I might stay with the 4.3L CPI or I am also thinking of converting it over to a 6.5TD being im a big dieselhead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode