runing bad - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Hunter1456

runing bad

I Need some HELP??? my s10 blazer is runing bad it runs ruff like it it missing but I took one wire of at a time and there all hitting but not right I am thinking vacuum but i can't find any lecks or vgr may b going out how do i check the vgr valve?? or does any one know what may b worng with it
Thanks for any help u can give me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 12:18 PM

Re: runing bad

<font face="Comic Sans MS">What year is it? Which engine does it have? EFI or carbuerated? How exactly is it running bad, i.e. what's it doing?</font>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Hunter1456

sorry about that it's a 87 s10 2.8 and it's F.I. it justhas no power and dies when stop it runs like a bad miss??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 02:57 PM

&lt;font face="Comic Sans MS"&gt;Best initial guess would be EGR valve sticking open. Are there any codes being stored in the computer? You can take the connector and jumper two pins and it should flash the check engine light in patterns to list codes. To test the EGR you have to push up on the diaphragm inside it and make sure it moves somewhat smoothly and returns to it's normal position. You might have to take it off and clean the carbon out of it. Then just general stuff, vacuum lines, and all that junk.&lt;/font&gt;
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Hunter1456

I am thinking egr too but not sure about the vacuum lines i am tring to find a vacuum diagram and not have any luck LOL but thanks sandman [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode