Roaring from the front end. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Roaring from the front end.

I am thinking that I have some real issues with my truck. I started to notice the noice soon after I bought it 2 mos. ago. The noise used to be noticeable only at interstate speeds on curves. The noise started to get even more noticeable on straight aways at interstate speed. Now it is there basically at all speeds. I believe this is a headache coming soon if I don't take care of it. I am getting ready to do a brake job so I figured I'll try to replace the wheel bearings. Maybe that will help. Anybody have any suggestions. It has crossed my mine that it could even be a CV. I hope not but if it is oh well. It only has 74,xxx on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Apprentice

Re: Roaring from the front end.

No, it's not a CV joint. You're probably right about the wheel bearing. It's easy to check too... just jack it up and try to wiggle the wheel in several different directions. It should have no play. If it does, also check your ball joints and tie rod ends to eliminate them as possible problems. If you don't find any problems, rotate the tires and get a wheel alignment. These (especially as a combination) are a great source of strange noises. Keep posting...we'll find the prob!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

I found out this morning that it was the front driver's side hub bearing assembly. From the different shops that I talked to they said that is a common problem that they see from the S10 Blazers. This weekend it will be replaced. Thanks for all the support ad help. This truck will be a nice one if I get the kinks worked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Apprentice

Glad to hear you found the prob. Sorry to hear it's the bearings. You may ask if they can (or will) replace just the bearings as opposed to the entire hub assembly. The reason- cost. A hub assembly from auto zone is around $129, whereas the bearings are $10 and $11. Big difference!!!! Anyhow, good luck.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

The bearings are sealed. I have alreadey bought the hub I'd rather just replace it. I have heard quite a few horror stories about these trucks front diveline.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Well I finally got it fixed. It definitely was the driver's side front hub assembly. It was relatively easy to replace. thank god for air tools and good friends to give you a hand. it no longer sounds like I have mud tires on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode