1998 Blazer 4dr.. need help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

1998 Blazer 4dr.. need help

I'm a Jeep guy so I'm in somewhat unfamiliar territory here, but I'll see if you can shed some light on this for me. My bro-in law has a 1998 Blazer that he takes off-road quite a lot. His Blazer is proving to be inadequate for his use. He really doesn't want to trade out of it for something else so I agreed to help him with it and have this plan:

His current Blazer is an LS 4-dr, 235/75/15, and is equipped with GT4 (3.73 according to my code source) axle ratio and G80 locking diff. Mechanically I think its a good start for our plan. A 1-1.5" torsion crank and shackle, Skid plates, and then 30/9.5/15 BFG A/Ts. I think this will greatly improve his off-roading capability.

My question is in regards to the skid package. It seems that most of the S-blazer 4-drs left the factory with no skid plates at all (As is his). I did find one set on a wrecked '97 some distance away.

Will '97 skid plates work on a '98 or is the fuel tank different?? I am assuming since the '95-'97 is basically the same chassis and bodystyle as the '98+ they should interchange... Or were there changes underneath that I am unaware of and thus a trip for those '97 plates would be a waste of time and money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 05:33 PM

Re: 1998 Blazer 4dr.. need help

I would think most any wrecking yard would be able to tell you if they interchange.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Re: 1998 Blazer 4dr.. need help

They were not totally sure about that, but they assumed they were the same. I decided to pick them up anyway, and while there we lifted a wrecked '00 and they looked the same so I think they'll work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode