1999 S-10 Blazer Heater - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

1999 S-10 Blazer Heater

I have a 1999 S-10 Blazer with the 4.3 v6 and automatic trans that has a heater problem (it doesn't heat) every fall. For the last three years, each fall, the heater has not worked until I change the thermostat. It has recently turned chilly and right on schedule, the heater doesn't work! Is this a common problem? If so, is there a more permanent fix than changing the thermostat?

thanks,
James

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 03:22 PM

Re: 1999 S-10 Blazer Heater

I am wondering if this is a common problem also. I just bought a 1999 Envoy,, and it doesn't heat either. Luckily it was under the GM Certified warranty, so I am currently getting it fixed.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 12:34 PM
bigdaddy117

the thermostat mainly controls the coolant flow throughout the engine. changing it is good, but will not solve the problem about no heat. the most common problems these trucks have, (i have a 1994 chevy s10 4x4 pickup), is the heater core gets clogged with debris, dirt, and other muck in the coolant. you should be lucky to only not have heat. my s10's heater core went bad in the winter of 04/05, and i was stuck with two little ceramic heaters mounted on the dash. the problem i had with mine was the heater core was cracked, and weas leaking coolant all over the inside of the passenger's carpet area. replacing the heater core is not too hard, you just have to take out the dash board, remembering where to put all the bolts you took out (markers help to color code the bolts and bolt holes), and taking the heater hoses off from under the hood. good luck

-Big Daddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:16 PM

I have a 99 as well. My truck doesn't have any problems as of yeet as far as heating. However I have had an issue with coolant loss. I have checked the floorboards anf haven't found any there. I just recently put almost 3/4 of a gallon in and haven't had it lose any of it. I use the Prestone orange that is supposedly DexCool compliant. Under the hood of my truck has always seemed to get very hot but my temp guage doesn't say that it is hot. I think that the temperature sending unit is good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode