Muddy water just kept commin in...up to my elbows - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Muddy water just kept commin in...up to my elbows

Ok so there I was another weekend at Turkey Bay OHV park just fixed abunch of stuff on the jimmy and a big club from tennessee was showin up, thought to my self WOW today will be fun, 30 some odd trucks and a full tank of gas.............then I drove it off my trailor and proceeded down the trail, I'm checkin my CB with my buddy seein if we are on the same channel when out of nowhere a large mud pit appeared on my left. Now today I planned on trail riding and enjoying my day, well back in my brain something started to pulsate and I noticed the truck was turning to the left. We were heading for this enormous mud pit!!!, as I looked up my snorkel said " everything will be alright" not to convinced I leaned out of the truck and yelled to my buddy in a huge full size ford and with a grin said "you got me right?" (he said sure) At this point my rear locker said" josh I'm not too sure about this" and I replied "shutup and engage" (usually I'm not this rude to it but alot of people were watching) So I gun it thought this tank trap........and it was, let me see if i can give you a mental picture because my camera was floating at this time(digital too my wife has already killed me I'm in an offroad park in heaven now,typing on a palm pilot) when all forward momentum stopped the muddy water was pouring ever so gently into my windows and there was a spring welling up from the hole where my shifter is, speaking of I cant see it any more and my wallet in my back pocket is now under water, someone yelled get a camera which is weird because all I wanted was my tow straps. I dont know which one made it first but another friend did grab the tow strap and dive under to attach it to a tow hook which I am pretty sure was 2 to 3 feet under this mess of water and mud, OK at this point my steering had stopped working, no left or right play. The motor was still running though...... I could not get the shifter into 4L (not that if I could I would just climb out of this situation but i had to try) All the sudden the truck was traveling! wow something was happening! Oh yeah being pulled out, so I'm on dry land now. Off in the distance i see many trucks heading back to all the trails, but i couldnt go, I have to open my driverside door to get this lake out of my lap. Everyone got a kick out of that! I'm glad

New power steering pump- $70
New steering gear- $havent found yet
Rebuild transfer case- $pain in the [email protected]@
Drain front and rear axles- $.....again
New starter and solenoid- $120
Drain and flush tranny- $blah blah
Baby wipes to clean interior- $2,000
Beer when i got home- $30

Look on everyones face when I opened my door, then trying to get the truck back on the trailor, missing out on a full weekend of offroading and not even sure what else is wrong with my truck- $PRICELESS!!

thank you for reading my short story.....sorry no pictures I'm sure you understand..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode