S-10 Ideler arm - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 07:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

S-10 Ideler arm

I have a 2000 s-10 4x4 with a 2in superlift and cranked torson bars 3/4 of a inch. since i did that in March Im on my 2nd ideler arm same side (right) 3rd one went tonight this is my 4th in 2 years With this arm i havent been off road yet (to busy working) What causing them to go THE 2 INCH LIFT ? CRANKED UP TORSON BARS 3/4 of a inch? THE ideler arms are NAPA warranty for life Still its a pain to replace every month!! they should last aleast 1 year Im need some help!!!!!! And i do really like my S-10 I dont want to get rid of it. <font color="blue"> </font color> [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 07:17 AM

Re: S-10 Ideler arm

What rims do you have? Do they have more backspacing than stock? This will add more stress to the steering components on top of the 3/4" lift. I had my 96 k1500 cranked 1" adn went through a couple of half shafts. I droped it down to 3/4" only 3-4 months ago to alleviate the angles. About the idler arm, I couldn't tell you exactly what may be wrong. What makes you think it's the idler arm? Could it be other components of the steering as well making you believe it's the idler arm?

Hopefully someone else can shed more light on your specific problem.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 01:42 AM
kodiac454

What brand of idler arm are you using? If it is a cheape type get rid of it and replace it with a moog type arm they are about the strongest one made. I would also reccomend checking your pitman arm. If there is any side to side movement replace it. If this arm is bad it will take out the idler arm. Having idler arms loose on a GM IFS is very common. This is true on the s-10s and the full sizes. They normally last only about 20,000 mi max on a stock vehicle. If you add in a lift and bigger tires it dramatically reduces it life expectancy, espicially on the s-10's.
Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 07:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I found out that pitman and idler arm from a '92 2500 4x4 is a direct bolt on to a S-10 the part # for Full circle Auto Zone are pitmanarm FA1555 its around $20. Ideler arm FA1680 around $40. I been told they are a must up grade if you have big tires + rims
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 09:21 PM

That's good information. Is it really an uprade? Have you had the chance to compare the regular S10 arms to the 2500?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 07:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got E-mails from a person that did it over a year ago He has a'94 S-10 pick up 3inch body lift torsion bars cranked 32 inch tires and does GO 4 WHEELING The webweb site is s10 extremist.org click on suspension I also was told the bars are alittle bit bigger but if you take them both off the the full size ones will bolt right on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode