winch - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 02:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

winch

I was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for a good winch. That aint too expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 05:57 PM
84S_10Blazer

Re: winch

When I had my 84 Blazer, I had a Warn XD9000i. It was really good but not exactly cheap. It was actually a bit too much for the Blazer but I got it for my graduation gift and was planning on buying a heavier and much better 4x4 in the future so I went ahead and went for the big dog. I hear that Mile Marker winches are really good and cheap too. Also maybe try Superwinch, I thought about buying one but didnt know anyone who had one themselves to even ask. There are a lot of options out there, just do a quick internet search and you might can find some.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 07:08 PM
imported_stimpy2

I had a winch when I was in germany. I bought it at a military salvage yard for real cheep. Well after I unbolted it from a junked out hummer. I left it on the truck I sold in germany and I pulled many cars vans and other trucks out of the snow with it. It never failed me and I think that I used it once a week or more during the winter. Being military you can buy certian Items from DRMO that thay set out to sell for a profit a small profit. It all depends on the installation you might have to check it out. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 06:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I didn't even think of DRMO I'll have to look into that. Those old Hummer winches are pretty strong. Thanks.
[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode