ZR2 Rims and Tires On a Non-ZR2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

ZR2 Rims and Tires On a Non-ZR2

Hi everybody, next week Im picking up a 96 4 Door Blazer, Its a real great looking truck. 100,000 miles, Black, 4x4, 4.3 Vortec. Real nice rig. But I have a friend who is selling off his ZR2, he said he would trade me him rims straight up when he trades off for his Z71. I was wondering if backspacing or anything is different. Also will I have any rubbing issues, It seems like his ZR2 sits up higher then this Blazer. It just be the tires but im not sure. Thanks in advance for any answers I get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 10:20 PM
jeepxj66

Re: ZR2 Rims and Tires On a Non-ZR2

The ZR2 is a factory lifted model. The stock 31x10.50 tires on the ZR2 will NOT fit a non ZR2. I have no clue if the wheels will fit but tires that big will not fit a standard blazer without a lift.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 02:46 PM

I am almost positive the wheels would fit, but jeepxj66 is right, the tires won't fit without major trimming or a lift. On my 94 jimmy I put 30's on it and they had maybe a 1/4" clearance between the fender and tire with no lift or anything. And I believe the 2nd gen blazers had less room in the wheel wells. Anyway, I know this is is probably too late... GL

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, it turns out the buddy of mine who was gonna give me his ZR2 rims is keeping his ZR2 anyway now. I got the Blazer yesterday and like it alot, I may try and see if i can fit 30/9.5s on it, it looks like they would fit.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 11:16 PM

There are pics HERE that show my Jimmy with the 30's on it, notice I still got a real good flex out of it... I realize that yours is the 2nd gen and like I said before I think the wheel wells were smaller... might just have someone who has a set already try them on for you...

Tom
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Im not looking at doing any major offroading with this blazer, So i wont need awhole lot of travel inside the wheelwells, etc. Im just looking to get the wheel wells filled out better. I have my fullsize GMC for any serious offroading. This is just a winter rig, and daily driver. Here are some picks of both

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode