96 s-10 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 03:57 PM
simerick

96 s-10

Does anybody know if you can use a plastic headlamp insert instead of a glass style on the 96 s-10 because my lights are know brighter than a simple flash light!

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 11:55 AM
triplejracing

Re: 96 s-10

try using some xtrabright headlight's I have them in my 84 and they shine right through the headlight covers no problem. or if you want to upgrade Hella makes a conversion set that you can buy at most parts stores.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 10:46 PM
jeepxj66

My 97 headlights are VERY bright.
What exactly are you talking about? My 97 uses composite lights with a plug in bulb and I think the 96 is the same. My 97 headlights are plastic. I have seen older cars with plastic headlights become faded and dull. If yours has done this get new ones and you will be bright again. The glass lenses usually do not fade like the plastic ones.
The other answer assumed you had regular headlights and were talking about headlight covers.

Another problem I have seen is the daytime running lights stay on even when you turn on the lights. Park facing the garage(or something solid). Start with the headlights off. Your daytime lights should be on. Daytime lights are high beams at low power. When you turn on your parking lights nothing should change. When you turn on the headlights they should become much brighter AND the pattern should be focused lower on the wall. Then turn on the high beams. The pattern should move back up to the same place the daytime lights were but should be much brighter now. ALL these changes should be VERY noticeable at night. My low beams are so bright that I get flashed for high beams even when I am on low beams.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 02:37 PM

The 96 had sealed beams still. I believe from 95-97 it was sealed beams as far as the second gen. goes. But there are kits to switch them over to composite and if they aren't sealed beams then it could be a kit. Now they may have done a switch half way through 97 and started making some 97's with composite, that I am not sure of. Sealed = glass(half to switch whole headlight), Composite = plastic(replace just bulb)

GL [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode