Tires? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 04:42 PM
1987Bronco4x4

Tires?

Anyone know of some good offroad tires (not All Terrains) that won't wear too much on the street. Pro Comp Mud Terrains suposedly don't wear too much and are suposed to be good offroad so i am leaning toward them. Please reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 03:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tires?

I knew a guy that had mickey thompson radial claws. He went from north carolina to california and back and they still had alright tread.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 05:16 PM
imported_stimpy2

Anothe good mud tire that wears realy well and has low road noise is the goodyear MTR's. My brother and several of my friends have them and have gotten lots of miles 50,000 average. I am planing on getting a set my self.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:37 AM

stimpy

I saw a set of those on a Chevy up in Albuquerque last week and they look really good. They people you know that have them, what do they say about their performance off-road? highway? I was really impressed on how they looked.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 11:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had some buckshot mudders on my old F250. They handled highway miles great. They do good off road and they're cheap.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 05:08 PM
imported_stimpy2

I have ridden in a few rigs a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 with 35in GYMTR's a 2004 Jeep Rubicon 31in GYMTR's a Chevy LS 33in GYMTR's offroading, interstate, and the city. As for the mud and snow thay grab and sling perttie well for the most part thay didn't clog up and can easly make a small hole a lot bigger with the 33's and 35's on the trucks we were using to go hunting. The Jeep my friend has, we took out and did a little rock crawling over a pile of busted up flightline materal waiting to be crushed. It grabed rocks and handled the sharp edjes better than I thought it would. Then again it is a Jeep Rubicon I am talking about. On the corners and rebar we avoided what we could and did leave a healthy gash in the side wall of one tire. As far as highway and city driving I have felt AT's that put out more vibration and howled a lot louder than these tires did. The only thing I did't think handled well was hard ice. The tires had a real tough time getting grip compared to an AP tire witch was under standable but over all I was very impressed and am looking foward to getting a set on my latest project truck. My 92 S10 will really be able to go were I want it to then. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 05:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

good explanation!! you sound as if describing a fine wine. Bravo! [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 08:51 AM
imported_stimpy2

Thanks man. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 08:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The best rated tire for mud , highway, lowest road noise best traction in dry + wet road is Firestone Destation M T I just bought 4 33s not yet on the truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode