Best exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 11:58 PM
yv67warrior70

Best exhaust

i got a 96' blazer 4X4 4.3L and wondering what the best route would be to go for an new exhaust system. Is it hard to put together yourself if you buy the bende and hardware or should i buy a cat-back or go to a shop.and also anyone got anything to say about the Supertrap mufflers. from what I'v read performance is good [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img] but i dont want a [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] rice-rocket's [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img] sound!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 08:19 PM

Re: Best exhaust

I'm not sure what others would tell you, but I've redone my exhaust system 5 times now trying to get the perfect flow and performance, dynoed them each time with air flow tests and the best result is how I have it now which is edelbrock headers and at the end of the collector Y pipe I have 10 inchs of 2 1/2 pipe then a Flowmaster 40 Delta series with a turn down pipe (45 degrees) the Muffler is right before the tranny cross-member and the turn down pipe throws my exhaust down at the ground right after that cross-member. I tried cat back, i tried dual pipes, then with a cross over pipe and a performance cat, it was all too sluggish, loud but sluggish. And i've havent had a problem with mud gettin up in the exhaust how it is now, and the sound it puts off is somethin else sounds like a big block V8 with a large cam. This setup compliments torque as well as horsepower, not to mention the hypnotizing sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode