several tire choices for 97 blazer, need opinions. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 06:00 AM
chvyblazin97

several tire choices for 97 blazer, need opinions.

i have a 1997 s10 chevy blazer. I want to make it look tougher and more agressive with some tires, rims, brushguard etc. Tires are a big problem, as there are so many different kinds. Honestly i do minor offroading, ill be mainly onroad. Basically i want a tire that looks like its meant for offroad, really meaty thick tread etc, but is also meant for pavement. I was considering the super swampers ssr, BFG A/T, Mickey thompson baja belted, and lastly the cooper stt's. I would have to say i like the super swampers the best, and the ssrs seem to be made more for onroad as well with the 6 ply contrustion, radial, etc, but i want a tire that wears well and will last a good amount of time. So which tire would be best for me, you can make other suggestions as well, most importantly, it must look very very aggresive, i like sidewall tread like the swampers and mickey thompsons have.

thanks for your opinions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Addict

Re: several tire choices for 97 blazer, need opinions.

What are you doing? You already started a thread on this. You already got your answer. What is this, you feel you should have gotten more response to your other "what tires should I buy" post so you're gonna start another one? Let me try one last time......... MUD TIRES ARE NOT DESIGNED TO DO WELL ON THE STREET!!!!! If you want a poser then you have a trade off to determine ON YOUR OWN. No one can decide for you. The bigger and more agressive of a tire you run, the more likely they will be to rub, the more they will throw off your spedo, the more you will wear steering components, the more mpg's you will lose and the more your handling will suck. 30x 9.5 will fit 29's will fit better. That doesn't mean 29x14.5 You have already been told what sizes will fit. Your next step is to go buy your tires and drive your truck to your buddy's house to show him your badass ride.

Of course I've been known to get grumpy when I first wake up
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 01:20 PM
chvyblazin97

chill out, this post is much more clear and i listed several different tires, unlike the other post, and i really didn't get much help, would 29 x11.5 fit, according to mickey thompsons application guide they will...? sue me, have a mod lock the other post, also it doesn't need to be a mud terrain, i mean ya those are the ones with the looks i like, but the bfg all terrain looks pretty cool, not nearly as coo, but decent, and im getting a lot of recommendations on the cooper stts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:56 PM
Addict

I don't think I really need to chill out......much....
[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I gave you good advice about the tires AND the repost. The point is that this is a continuation of the topic of other post and as such should be under the other post. Mickey Thompson makes tires for a living and I make landing gear for semi trailers. If Mickey Thompson says their 29x11.5 will fit then I'm inclined to agree. That doesn't mean that Interco's (swamper bogger thornbird) 29x11.5 will fit, I think they probably will. I had some on my 92 and the side lugs would rub the sway bar on tight turns....not a big deal. A good source for specs is a major tire retailer like national tire and wheel. Make sure you get rims with the proper offset for a 4x4 or use stock rims.

The reason you haven't recieved alot of help is that most people here don't like poser trucks and tend to not want to help someone do something they personally don't like. If you don't believe me read the whole thread titled swamper irok
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 03:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

He is right about posers. My advice would be to say to hell with the fit charts and do like i did. if they dont fit modify the fenders. a hammer and a sawsall do wonders for tire fitment. It still looks good and does good off road. check my website www.angelfire.com/mech/jimmy96 and you'll see.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 12:34 AM
Matt

I was trying to find the other post so I could see your reccomendations, but I can't seem to find it [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode