will these tires work on my 97 s10 blazer? HELP! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 11:20 PM
chvyblazin97

will these tires work on my 97 s10 blazer? HELP!

ive been told 30 inch tires will fit on my stock 97 blazer, but if i want to go with some crazy tread like super swamper tires have, i should back down to 29 inch, which would be fine. is this true, will some 29 inch super swampers ssr's fit my truck? i find it hard to believe, these tires look crazy, also how are these super swamper tires? wear wise on normal everyday road conditions?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/images/s..._radial_ssr.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 12:33 AM
Addict

Re: will these tires work on my 97 s10 blazer? HELP!

they'll fit as long as you use correct backspacing ..... you'll lose 4 or 5 mpg and if you're worried about wear then you probably don't need swampers.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 07:19 AM
Lifted96sblzer

You Might be able to stick a 31in on. But, is has to be ae a 9.50. i dont think a 10.50 will clear. A 30in should fit no problem. On my blazer i went W/ a 33-12.50-15 With a 6in lift and 2 inch body and the wide tire rubbs in a sharp turn. So if you do go bigger go w/ a smaller width Tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 08:21 AM
chvyblazin97

ok thanks for the info, but the swampers don't wear well? i want a really good tire that is good in all terrain, wears well, and has real nice meat and tread..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Addict

no such tire exists ..... if you want a mud tire a ground hawg will last the longest if you want the best of both worlds get an all terrain tire .... mud tires are not good for ice and snow although if they are narrow they do better than wide. if this is a mall cruiser then consider that if you buy really wild tires for LOOKS you will lose some drivability and reliability ... if you intend to really wheel it then how and where do you want to go? Sand, mud, hard packed dirt? doughnuts in the neighbor's yard? .... It's just like a pair of shoes. Ya wouldn't wear football cleats to a basketball game.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 06:44 PM
chvyblazin97

yes, this is basically a "mall cruising" truck, but i will be driving on uncles muddy land. Ive been doing some research and it seems some of the older super swampers were made for offroading and not daily driving, but from my research it seems the new ssrs which is what i want, their made more for daily driving as well as offroad, i read the ssrs are "siped" and because of the 6 ply, instead of the bias ply, you get much better daily driving tires and much longer tread life than the other superswampers. I really do like the super swampers, and my dad actually saw them on a jeep today and said they were amazing looking as he saw them coming. my dad talked to the owner of the jeep and swampers and the guy loved the tires. so i think i really want the super swampers ssr's, could i have some more opinions on these? do they wear normally? as far as noise, i understand they will be pretty loud, good! and i know ill lose some gas mileage etc, but oh well. so could i get some more opinions on these, should i get the 29's with 10.5 width, or 30's with 9.5 width or what?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 12:31 AM
Addict

as mud tires go I think you're right that the new ones are better on the street than the old ones and I know first hand that for a mall cruiser that the extra money spent on radials is worth it. If you are willint to deal with the downsides then I'd say go for it ..... I also know that 29x11.5 thornbirds on stock rims (yeah I know too narrow) will fit on a 92 (older body style) s-truck with the torsions cranked with very little rubbing birds are a pretty popular poser tire. They look bad as fffffff with the meat hooks on the sidewall but not all that good off road. I'd say go with the 29's if you'll be mostly on the road as they will not be much taller than stock so they won't throw off the spedo or make you bog off the line as bad but the 30's will prob do a little better off road and being narrower less likely to skid on slick roads. I hope you don't think I'm bustin yer balls here. If I had 100 grand to kill I'd have a bitchin hd duramax crewcab mallqueen poser wannabe puddy getter and I'd be damn proud of it! ........... wanna loan me some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$???
K
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 10:06 AM
chvyblazin97

ok thanks for the info, believe me id love to go with a hardcore setup for offroading, but i don't have money for a 1900 dollar lift. Also im only 18, and well at this age you tend to like to show off as i do with my stereo system, hehe. ok, so its between the super swampers ssrs 29's or 30's. Your saying the more narrow they are the less they slide? If i go with the 29's, what do you think the largest width i can fit is with no rubbing, 11.5, 10.5? How about the 30's width?

edit-now that i think about it, im not so sure the ssrs come in 30, atleast on the site im looking at? thats another thing wheres the best reputable place to buy these?

thanks for your help
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 12:43 AM
Matt

wooo hooo i found it! I'm gonna put a 2" bodylift on my blazer (its a 97 also) Plan on doing a LOT of camping, which around here includes offroading (SWEEET) More clearance is definitely a plus. judging from this post i should be able to fit 31x10.50R15 on my blazer after the lift, right? About how much higher does that make the body of the blazer... lets see, probably about 4 - 5 " ? The wifey is preggo, so she's complainin about havin to climb too high [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode