Just had to happen today - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 09:32 PM
Blazin

Just had to happen today

I was on my way to work today during the first snow fall of the year, i love winnipeg, and my tires decided to start spinning on me. so i reached for the trusty Tcase shifter and nothing happend. the indacator light came on but the lil' truck did not light up. my truck would not go into 4hi. so i left it be and i'll look at it when i get home or tomorow morning. anyways i thought while at work i'd ask if anyone had any ideas. It's an 88 s10 Blazer sport. any help would be great.

[img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Just had to happen today

Its probably the actuator. Its either thermal or vacuum controlled (I think thermal).
When you pull the lever, the actuator is supposed to heat up, and engage the front differential. If it is not functioning, your transfer case will work, but the front diff will not put power to the axles.
The best fix is to get a posi-lok. I don't know a source, try 4wheelparts.com or something.
It is a mechanical device, that will positively engage the front diff.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Blazin

How difficult is it to install posi lock? also. when i drove to work today i tried shifting into 4 hi again and it, after a while, shifted into 4 wheel drive. after about a hundred yards it crapped out on me again. once again any ideas would me great, as i am not the most knowlegable person about trucks.

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 08:23 AM
Can't Get Enough

Not very difficult from what I understand. Summitracing.com has them too.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 07:54 PM

Worst part is reading the instructions. Really. Routing the cable and everything isn't that bad, but make sure you do all the planning and stuff before you start drilling holes.

You'll have to remove your battery if your actuator is under the tray (older models have it on the side of the fender well; the rest are under the battery tray.

Takes a bit of adjustment to get the cable all nice and lined up so it's easier to shift. But it's still a good investment!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode