91 2wd S10 with 4cyl has what auto tranny? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

91 2wd S10 with 4cyl has what auto tranny?

Helping a friend part out his parts truck. It's a 91 S10 2wd with a 2.5L 4-cyl and an auto OD tranny. What model is the tranny? All I know is it has a slip yoke.

4x4's with the 4.3L got the TH700R4, but what did the 2wd's with the 4 cyl get? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 08:19 AM

Re: 91 2wd S10 with 4cyl has what auto tranny?

ummmmmm.............700r4. the only auto i know if. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

BTW, long time no see!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Yeah, where ya been?

How's the hybrid? Check your post on MOO, I *think* someone replied about the 35's. I think......

Okay, true or false, the 700R4 bolted to the 4-cyls will bolt to a 2.8L or 3.4L V6, but not the V8's? Hearing rumors I need to work out before we do anything with it. BTW, if you're looking or know someone looking, we have a TBI 2.5L and 700R4 out of a 91 2wd S10. Engine was rebuilt very recently, but the flywheel on the 700R4 is shot. Otherwise it seems fine. Couple of other minor parts are around from it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 01:20 PM

to the best of my knowlage, the trans is the same for 2.8/3.4/2.5.

as for the hybrid..........i'm in the middle of updating the wheel studs from 7/16 to a 1/2 3" moroso piece. it's going very well. put about 1500 miles in it in 26 hours a month ago. trailered my buddys pro street camaro to maryland to trade for a nova. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

well, since this IS the s page............... here's a pic. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]

currently on 35 ssr's, but thinking of 37's.......... [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1217671-hybrid.JPG (20.3 KB, 10 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Looking good man.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I replied on MOO too, but the truck looks good. I take it the SSR's are the summer rubber? Still got those 1/2 ton axles and 3.08's? If so, you sure you want to go with 37's?[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] If I remember correctly Wide Brutes are an AT type tread, so they wouldn't make a bad winter tire.[img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 10:18 AM

yeah, the SSR's are summer rubber, getting a bit thin for winter anyways.......... [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]

still running the 3:08's too. still does a good [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] too!

seen your reply on MOO, also kinda asked the guy on the tires too. we'll see, maybe i have something to trade too. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
now, if i could figure out how to dump this pic on MOO, i'll be alright... [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode