wipers? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 07:52 PM
s104x498

wipers?

any one else with a 98 or newer s10 or blazer have problems with their windshield wipers?? some times mine wont work unless i pop the hood and jiggle the wiring harness that plugs into the motor. also the delay does not work. my buddy has a fullsize pickup and did the same thing and he just got something in the mail saying there was a recall on the wiper motor to fix the prob. when he got it fixed the guy told him that a s10 recall would happen soon. any one herad anything like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 08:21 PM
imported_stimpy2

Re: wipers?

yea my s-10 had been recalled for that it was a 97 I had recently sold it (earlyer today) What the problem is the solder for the wipers is cracked that is why when you jijle the wires it works a little bit. I got a letter in the mail saying what waqs wrong. If you have a good chevy dealer Take it to them and thay should fix all the recalled items. When I brought mine in for the wind sheild wiper thay fixed the seatbelt and the power mirrors. The seatbelt when a crash wouldn't lock up and could cause the driver to be ejected. The power mirrors needed a inline fuse the mirrors motors would cause fires if the switch was left on. I would look online to see if thair are any more recalls. google is were I found the recalls when I was looking for the HP rating when I was selling my blazer.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 07:30 AM

Strange. I have a '98 S-10 4x4 (actually just recently sold it to my Dad so I could buy my condo) and never had that problem! And my '98 K1500 doesn't do that either.

Even though you can use google the place to check out all recalls for a given vehicle is the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (www.nhtsa.dot.gov). They have the extensive database on safety recalls, including voluntary and involuntary ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 01:31 PM
84S_10Blazer

Yeah a bunch of the newer chevy models had a recall on the wiper modules. I work at a GM shop and have had to replace wiper modules at least once everyday since I've been there. I dont exactly understand the cause of it but I would go to a local dealer and ask them about it. I dont remember if I've done one on a blazer yet or not but do know Chevy did in fact have a major recall on the modules on many of thier vehicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode