windshield wiper removal - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 07:42 PM
killabeez

windshield wiper removal

is there any way to remove the whole windshield wiper arm? im need to remove the piece between the hood and the windsheild to get to some bolts so i can remove my fender. any help is appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2003, 09:58 AM

Re: windshield wiper removal

You need to tell us what vehicle, or fill out some of your profile details. Which reminds me, I have to update mine...

Anyway, there should be a retainer clip underneath the wiper arm, just like removing the manual window cranks. For what it's worth, I didn't need to remove the wipers when I took off the fenders on my '98 to get the fiberglass on...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2003, 12:56 PM
killabeez

whoa, im a journeyman now. anyways, its an 85 s-10 pickup regular cab 2.8. when you removed yours was there any bolts that connected the fender to the hood mount? that's what im trying to get it's like 2 more bolts and the damn thing will be off so i can FINALLY pound that huge dent out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2003, 02:37 PM
killabeez

im not sure if i have the same clip. i can barely see up under the arm but all i see is a little tab that doesn't seem to unclip anything. maybe mine's diff because its older?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2003, 03:07 PM

For the fender, all I needed was to take off the arm of the hood, which I think was two bolts on each side. If you take off the whole hood you might have issues with alignment later, so be prepared.

Then take off the front bolts, and make sure to remove the metal fenderwell bolts.

From there you need to take out the bolts against the door, and there should be another bolt INSIDE the door, that you need to get with the door open.

Most fender assemblies are actually welded units, so taking them off might still make it difficult to fix a dent. You'll see the weld marks all along the seams where the outer fender is welded to the inner fender.

If I get a chance I'll see what my manuals say, but yeah, they'll be different because of body styles and the fact that my '98 seemed to be built by Lego.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2003, 01:42 AM
killabeez

thanks, i got it off today and banged it out. all i had left was 2 bolts under that sheetmetal under the wiper arms. screw the clips and springs i just pried the damn arms off that worked just fine. did the rear brakes today too now i just gotta test the compression
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode