Lifting a '95 Blazer 2wd - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lifting a \'95 Blazer 2wd

I was thinking of lifting my '95 Blazer 2wd about 3 inches in the front. Im not sure what to buy. I am thinking of going with a spindle lift because Im probably just going to be doing mostly daily driving with the car and some light off road. Is this a relatively easy installation to do? I would like to do the installation myself if I can. What are your suggestions on lifting the back? I dont want add a leafs because I know they ride like [bleep]. I know new springs are really expensive. I only want the back up like an inch or two to be about level with the front. For tires im not sure if I should get ProComp or BFG A/T. I know ProComps are softer so they dont last as long but do they get better traction? Will I really have to get new rims to do this lift like they tell me in the store or are they just trying to get me to spend more money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Lifting a \'95 Blazer 2wd

A spindle lift shouldn't be too difficult, so long as you have the right tools. For the back you can probably do a shackle lift. I think your rear axle is above the springs, so you could do a spring over, but that will add more than 1" of lift.
I like BFG's, but they can be pricey. Look at some other brands, like Cooper. They make good tires for less money. If your truck has 14" rims now, you'll probably have to go with 15"s to fit a spindle lift. Not too sure on that one though. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 08:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 15" inch rims already but fabtech says that the backspacing is wrong and you need new rims to fit the lift on. I'll look at my leaf spring for an axle flip. Is that a pretty simple thing to do? Any kind of cutting, welding or drilling required?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Can't Get Enough

You'd have to take the spring perches off one side and weld them onto the other side of the axle tube.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 12:06 PM
S10prerunner

I am in the midst of turning my 00 S-10 into a cali prerunner. I am from San Diego but I am currently in the Army stationed at Fort Leonard Wood Mo. I installed a 3" spindle lift on my truck about 2 years ago. It was pretty painless. My buddy and I installed it in about 5 hours. Take care not to damage the exsisting ball joints. One issue with the 00 S10 (I don't know about yours), the "turning stops" on the lower control arms have to be notched out where they come in contact with the brake caliper. I discovered in severe turning, the brake pedal would go all the way to the floor=no brakes. I had great brakes on regular turns. I expended countless hours and $$$$ on this, changing brakelines, calipers and even the master brake cylinder. Still the problem exsisted. All I got from Chevy was "shouldn't of messed with it!". So I took it to a local ex-chevy head mechanic out on his own and spotted it right away. The stop would put pressure in the caliper stopping the fluid flow-WOW. I an currently running 30x9.50's with no problems but had to grind down the upper control arm flanges slightly as the tires would rub on tight turns. I am current upgrading coil spring spacers and longer control arms which will equal 6" total lift upfront to run 32x11.50s. Also shackles in the back are a very inexpensive way for the back lift. [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]I hope that I was help to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode