Help fitting 31s on gf's truck - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 12:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help fitting 31s on gf\'s truck

Okay here is what I am dealing with. She's got a 98 S-10, V6, 5-speed, extended cab. I am looking a puting my 31" BFG M/Ts on her truck, they are coming off my Jeep with few miles on them. What would be a cheap solution to get the tires under here truck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 03:08 PM

Re: Help fitting 31s on gf\'s truck

Assuming it's a 4x4, it's just like my '98 S-10.

I put Mud Terrains on it and the rear of the fenderwell rubbed so bad it pulled the metal splashguard up. I put on fiberglass fenders and a custom fenderwell to get it not to rub and still be water and mud-resistant.

This is also with a 2" body lift on it.

So if you have a stock truck 31" M/T's are going to be difficult to put on there...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 07:22 PM
s104x498

when my 98 was small, i had BFG 31x10.50's on it. they worked fine on the road and did not rub at all, even at full turn. Off-road was another story, they smacked the [bleep] outa the top of the fenders,so i just put a 5in TM and a 2in body and that solved that problem. anyway what kind of rims are you running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 11:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Okay, so even with a 2" BL it will still rub the fenders! Btw it is a 4wd and the rims are stock. Right now she's got 30x9.50s on that are at the end on there lives. I have only had the rub once while crossing a ditch (tires where new then), and it was the front drivers side that rubed.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 03:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Break out the sawzall! Johnny's comin for dinner!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 07:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Are the 30" tires stock on the 4wd? I have a '95 2wd and I want to put 30" BFG A/T's on but I'm not sure wether they will rub or not. They look like they might be fine on the back but looks like they might rub on the front. And isthe 4wd the same ride hight as the 2wd?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 10:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2wd is much lower than a 4x4. biggest i think you can go on a 2wd is 235/75/15... last I recalled, most 2wds came w/ 14" rims
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 12:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the stock on a 95 blazer is a 235. The wheel size is a 15" not a 14" though. A 235 is 28", so its only 2" bigger, which is actually only 1" bigger from the center. I know the back has the clearance but Im not sure if the front will rub when turning. I may just have to do a little cutting.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 07:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't deal much with Gen IIs... MY mom has a Gen II 4x4 blazer with 205/75/15 uniroyals on it... And she wants to get it lower to the ground by hanging nerf bars off it... (I keep telling her the key is to go UP! UP! LIFT IT!)

Buddy of mine had a Gen I S10 2wd pickup... all it ran was 195/75/14s... couldn't use one of his tires as a spare to get me home after my spare blew out on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode