Good Idea or not? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 12:16 PM
84S_10Blazer

Good Idea or not?

I just bought a polished black Warn Combo brushguard for my 84 Blazer and after a few wheeling trips the paint is starting to fade and rust. I just recently had an idea after my brother had a Rino Liner sprayed on the back of his truck. Has anyone ever tried to spray it on their brushguards? I am afraid it will look like crap if I do so. Also I thought about maybe putting it around the cover of my Warn winch but I doubt that is a good idea if i ever need to take it apart. It sure would last a lot longer and protect a $900 winch. Any replies are greatly appreciated.
~IronMike 4x4 [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2003, 12:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Good Idea or not?

I've seen it done on a few rigs I wheel with. Looks good when done right. If I were you, I'd pull it off the front of your ride, pull the winch off and have at 'er. Bear in mind, that the more time you put into surface prep, the better it'll adhere. I dunno what kind of finish they put on those guards, but I'd rub it down with some alcohol to eat any clearcoat that may be on it, hit it with some sandpaper, and then wipe the sanding dust off with more alcohol.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2003, 11:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Good Idea or not?

Ive been thinking about painting my bumpers with paintable undercoating. Same stuff I used on my floor when I took the carpet out. I still have to build my bumpers. I have 2 inch square tubbing with 1/4 inch walls. pretty heavy stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode