It has begun!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 01:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It has begun!!!!

I finaly got my piece of junch Bronco donor home. I have the rear axle out of the Blazer and am about to start transplanting!!!!! Bad news though, my jakestands are sinking into the blacktop. I knew I lived in a cheap townhouse, but damn!!! Time for ducktape, beer, sweeting, beer, welding, beer, and a little bickering from the old ladey. Good thing we aren't married yet, the divorce would break me!!!! I will try and post picks soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 04:09 PM

Re: It has begun!!!!

Good thing, cause if you got divorced, she gets half. I wonder which axle she'd take?
Great man, you got perfect axles sounds like. My jackstands always dig into the mud I had to build mine in. So you could be worse off, haha. Good luck and keep us posted. Along with pics.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 07:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ever think of using Dolly Pads? Rig up a pad using a sandwich of 2x4s (3 layers, layed perpendicularly) plenty strong, and will give you some more room to work with too. I'd say a 12" x 12" pad should be more than big enough for you... They're not just for keeping trailer dollies from sinking into the ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 07:07 PM
84S_10Blazer

Do what i always do when using a jack stand. Take a flat peice of board and lay them under it. Used to I had to work on the dirt and used this method but i am sure it will help you.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 08:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

that's a slightly lower tech version of what I said [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 11:48 AM
84S_10Blazer

yeah but you have to add some redneck touches to it
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 01:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

maybe if you would quit spillin beer around the Jack stands they wouldnt sink!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 04:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think that may be some of the problem!!!! By the time we were done taking off the axle we could hardly concintrate. Not the best time to be working on it, but it got done. Bud light is sponcering my truck without knowing it I think I'll buy stock in them. Who was it that used rope to hold here axle up when working on the driver's side?? I seen the pic once but don't remember where.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 08:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was examining my rims and tires from my donor bronco last night. When doing so I came to the conclusion there is not enough backspacing on the rims. What I was wondering was will a 14" wide tire fit on a 10" rim? I was going to replace the 14" tires with 12.5" as they go bad. Any one no the answer?? Thanks in advance. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode