Electrical Problem? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 03:20 PM
cmf21

Electrical Problem?

I have a 91 s10 Blazer Tahoe and I have a electrical problem I think. When I'm driving down the road, my lights on my instrument panel flickers rapidly. I remember a few months ago that a friend of mine said that some connection to the battery or something wasn't right and that's all I heard from him. He's out of town and I can't seem to find anything wrong electrical wise. When I changed out my thermastat a months ago, I remember that the ground wire from the lights on the instrument panel connect to the screw on the thermastat. I've also noticed that the engine has also been running funny lately. Does anyone have a clue what my problem might be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 03:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Electrical Problem?

have you taken you instument panel or the dimer switch for it apart yet. it may just be loose on the switch. I also have seen when people put new radios in the panel flickers or doesn't work at all.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 06:12 PM
cmf21

I taken everything part and nothing seems wrong or loose. I had the instrument panel repaired about 7 months ago so I know it's not that. I did however recently put in a new radio but don't see why it would be that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 06:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

alot of factory radios have dimmers in them to, after market usualy don't, the wire might be floating around or you may even be using the dimmer wire for the radio as a ground on mistake, many do because it is a ground wire but not intended for power source grounding. take the radio out and see if the wire is taped up and if it is then you are good on that. if you can't find it, then you or who ever hooked it op accidently used it. That is were I would go next! let me know if this doesn't help. I may have a few more ideas.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 06:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

FYI If it is in the radio this can couse engine problems due to shorting the electricle system, I know from my dumb messups
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 08:52 PM
cmf21

Think I found the problem. It's not the radio becuase I taped up all the wires before I installed it. I was messing around with a few wires in the engine compartment and something reset my milage on the instrament cluster. I messed around with a few wires on firewall right above the blower moter for the ac, the battery, and on the alternator. Something reset it and I'm going to mess with each one in the morning to see which one it is. Maybe it's also causing some of my other problems.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 08:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just let us know if you need us!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 12:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

see if any fuses are blown in fuse box and check all wire connections going to it. if you have a multimeter and know how to use it check battery for charge as the alternator might be shot. good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode